Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

ST clutch problems

Gavin83

I'm having a massive problem with my clutch on my ST and would really appreciate some advice.

I got my car serviced today. On the drive home for the first 5 miles or so it was fine. Then I felt something catch on the clutch, which at first I thought was me catching my foot on something. It happened again a few times and then I started to lose feeling in my clutch pedal, car began to stall and I at times I couldn't engage the gear at all. Managed to get it home, I've left it for a bit and now the clutch pedal is completely unresponsive, engine on or off.

I've included a video here https://youtu.be/gAexl5PCnSk to show what happens when I depress the clutch pedal, the noise is quite noticeable. The gears are also incredibly easy to engage as if my clutch it completely depressed.

Any suggestions?

I think the service might be a coincidence but thought I'd mention is anyway. I haven't yet checked the fluid levels as I've only just parked up but I'll check it shortly. Any advice would be welcome.

Definitely check the fluid either way, but that doesn't sound like a clutch master cylinder failure to me. I'm going to guess throw-out/pilot bearing failure. Did the service involve anything with the transmission, or was it just routine maintenance?

OP
G

Gavin83

Thread Starter #3
Think I might have fixed it. Climbed into the driver footwell, pressed the clutch. I noticed there was a clip that was slipping off the clutch pedal. Pushed it all the way on my clutch now appears to be depressing normally. I guess the real test will be when I drive it. I'll check again tomorrow if there is anything that's broken off which should hold it in place as I don't really want it happening again.