Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

ST/hatch exhaust on a sedan?

A

Austin86

Forget about it, looks like everyones idea of help is spend thousands or to put a fart can on the car. I'll ask for help else were.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know the answer - but what are you trying to accomplish?
I mean I would assume he wants to put an aftermarket exhaust on his fiesta sedan... and nobody makes one specifically for those so maybe one for an ST would fit?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Lays

I'd imagine the downpipe and cat, header etc is all completely different, I doubt it'd fit. The diameter of the NA exhaust may be smaller as well, and not even bolt up to a larger aftermarket exhaust.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
A competent shop could make it work. The cars have the same wheelbase.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
As long as the stamping of the floor pans are the same there's hope. Get a pic of each from underneath the car.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
I mean I would assume he wants to put an aftermarket exhaust on his fiesta sedan... and nobody makes one specifically for those so maybe one for an ST would fit?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Just curious if he was lookin for noise or performance. The FiST exhaust would be pretty expensive for the tiny amount of zoomy sounds it'd add to a non-st.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
You can look it up. Mk7 Fiestas all have the same wheelbase.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Both, they are a like 2-300 were I live, thats not a whole lot TBH. Even less for a used stock ST setup.

I was parked next to a hatch the other day, its wheel base was for sure a few inches shorter. But it was a 13 or older and mine is a 19 so maybe that is why there was a difference was ? Ether way I seen some same the wheel base is the same and other say its not. Not sure who to trust TBH.
Using a FiST exhaust isn't going to substantively help your power output or the sound of the car - you might just want to swap your stock muffler for an aftermarket one or something. It'll be cheaper, guaranteed to fit since it's welded in place while hanging on the car, and you can pick what you want. It's not going to add performance but without tuning neither is the FiST exhaust, and the FiST exhaust is kinda heavy.

You might be better off just having a decent muffler shop fab a system up for you. The sedan I rented seemed to have a bit more length behind the rear axle, and I think most of them have turned down pipes, so the straight back exit might not work with your rear valance.
On top of that, an exhaust that sounds great on an ST is probably going to sound like ass on a naturally aspirated car, as they are built with the assumption that a turbo would be in the system.
I'd suggest getting a different muffler welded into your current system, or just saving up for an ST.

OP
A

Austin86

Thread Starter #13
I'm not buying a ST or taking the car to a shop, I just wanted to know if a hatch or ST setup fits a sedan. If you don't have a answer for that don't bother replying as your not helping. Buying a st would be thousands of dollars vs a few 100, taking the car to a shop to have them install/fab a setup would be upwards of a grand were I live. Why would I drop a grand on a car that was 10k off the lot new for something that was not necessary when I can do the same thing for far less

I'm not buying a ST or taking the car to a shop, I just wanted to know if a hatch or ST setup fits a sedan. If you don't have a answer for that don't bother replying as your not helping. Buying a st would be thousands of dollars vs a few 100, taking the car to a shop to have them install/fab a setup would be upwards of a grand were I live. Why would I drop a grand on a car that was 10k off the lot new for something that was not necessary when I can do the same thing for far less
My apologies, I wasn't trying to be disrespectful or anything.
I still think my points on the length of the trunk and the sound would apply, though. You'd probably at least need a turn down tip to clear the valance.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Who pissed in your cereal this morning? Damn

Pablo is correct - it'll be significantly cheaper (and higher likelihood of success) to have a shop cut out your existing muffler and weld a new one in. More than $150 for labor on that is a rip off, plus whatever you spend on the muffler. Find one designed for a Honda or other small N/A 4 cyl and it should sound good enough. Only thing the cat back is going to do is make noise so no gain/loss in performance.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Forget about it, looks like everyones idea of help is spend thousands or to put a fart can on the car. I'll ask for help else were.
The whole catback will not fit. Also I've never seen a whole exhaust for sale - whole meaning 1 single piece. Almost everyone cuts them off so you are looking at welding no matter what. Muffler/catback will just get you sound and that's it. That's fine. Buy a cheap muffler and have a shop weld it on. Or have then cut out the resonator and add some pipe. Or both Everyone here has had helpful responses. Don't want opinions? Then don't ask for help.

I think people were really trying to help, it's just not a common/straightforward question.
But if you don't want an honest answer, fine, go be naturally aspirated somewhere else.

Mike King

U.S. Air Force Veteran
I’m going to try it in my sedan. I might have to extend the muffler as the trunk/boot area of the sedan is longer then the hatch.

Attachments