Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

st octane acadamy on for 2016

so today i took a friend for a ride in my FiSt who is currently in the market for a new fun car and she loved it. i told her about a fully loaded shadow black 2016 that my local dealer has. i was talking to her about my octane academy experience, and was showing her the website when i noticed that they announced 2016 octane academy was a go, and the schedule will available later this month. if your year isn't up make sure you go and your will have a blast

so today i took a friend for a ride in my FiSt who is currently in the market for a new fun car and she loved it. i told her about a fully loaded shadow black 2016 that my local dealer has. i was talking to her about my octane academy experience, and was showing her the website when i noticed that they announced 2016 octane academy was a go, and the schedule will available later this month. if your year isn't up make sure you go and your will have a blast
I know the school is free but how long is it for? And how much is the hotel rate?

I think I recall the free training day is valid within the first year from purchase date. The hotel rate was something like $90 a night. I flew in the day prior, went to the reception at the Hoonigan facility in Park City and flew back home after the track day was over.

All the info should be available on the Academy site:
http://www.stoctaneacademy.com

From the Octane Academy Site -

2016 Dates Coming Soon

Registration for the 2016 ST Octane Academy is Coming Soon
We will have dates available from April through October.

Check back the week of February 1, 2016 for an update

better hurry
the slots fill up quickly

its very intense and the instructors are awesome

OP
C
Thread Starter #7
i drove and camped on my way there to keep the cost down. the motel was about 90 bucks a night dinner is provided the night before at hoonnigan HQ. and coffee and snacks/lunch was provided on the main day. i brought my girlfriend along and purchased the guest experience. she had a blast but was expecting to at least drive the spin car but they didn't let her. the go carts at the end was a nice touch. i wish i could do it again and if you can afford it try to do the optional into to racing extra day were you get to do the rapter assault and drive the mustangs.

ST Octane Academy was a total blast, and I'm very happy to hear this. If you're eligible I 100% recommend it. Without a doubt worth the cost of travel and lodging.

Wish Utah was closer so I wouldn't have to buy plane tickets and get a rental car. A road trip would be fun, but probably cost about as much and I can't afford that time off work right now. I'm saving right now to see if I can make it happen and stay an extra two days to drive around Utah as well. Still waiting on the website to update for registration.

Saw it a couple days ago. I'm planning on May 1-2. But I'm waiting for my boss to give the approval for the days off and he hasn't responded to the initial email or my reminder... And of course now that slot is filling up quick. My plan is to fly out there on that Sunday, do the track day Monday, and spend Tuesday-Friday going to visit a few of the parks in Utah. I haven't had a legitimate full week vacation since 2011, so I really need this. I also have been wanting to visit Utah as I've never been before. Wish I could drive out there in the ST, but the drive there and back alone would be too much time. Hopefully I get a decent rental car to drive around in.

I loved octane academy. So cool. I wish I could go back! Do it if you can, just try not to get the fiesta I tracked (first one out last one in) I redlined that thing for a solid 15 minutes!

Saw it a couple days ago. I'm planning on May 1-2. But I'm waiting for my boss to give the approval for the days off and he hasn't responded to the initial email or my reminder... And of course now that slot is filling up quick. My plan is to fly out there on that Sunday, do the track day Monday, and spend Tuesday-Friday going to visit a few of the parks in Utah. I haven't had a legitimate full week vacation since 2011, so I really need this. I also have been wanting to visit Utah as I've never been before. Wish I could drive out there in the ST, but the drive there and back alone would be too much time. Hopefully I get a decent rental car to drive around in.
Book now. You can always cancel.

I cancelled and then reinstated for the same time slot. It was related to a work situation and I was able to go after all. They were very nice about it and I confirmed I had a space before going. Enjoy!

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
So glad to hear this great news!

Go, get there, do it, you will love it, best time and money you can spend and it would cost a huge amount more if you had to pay for the school!

I moved to Utah in 06 so I could learn to drive faster race cars on a very safe race track, stayed 9 years, time to move on but will always love going back to drive the track when I can:)

I got to know many great business owners, racers, instructors so keeping the track open means a lot to me and everything to most of them.

Got registered for July 24-25. Gonna make a week out of it and head out to Canyonlands and Arches after.