Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

ST spotting: Show the ones you have spotted -

I have seen no other Fists or Fosts i can remember in the past 6 years, although maybe i wasn't looking till i had my FIST. 8 mo into my love affair, i have only seen a few, got a pic of 2. One red FIST and 2 FOSTs (red and orange), didn't get a shot of the orange FOST. The FOST at the gas station, when i drove by the guy was staring a hole in my car lol. PSX_20190825_161601.jpg PSX_20190825_161701.jpg

Where do you like? Down in Texas I see at least 1 every other day.
My 3rd day of ownership I parked next to a FiST at a store and 2 hours later a FoST at a park and then passed a FiST on a twisty road that night and a FoST and Fist at my buddy’s apartment complex. There is a “car meet” (mostly high schoolers with Camry’s and an exhaust) that happens every now and then in my town of 65,000 people just outside of San Antonio TX and I drove by it the other day and there were about 8 FoSTs and a few FiSTs. Might have to stop in sometime. But I see them everywhere. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
TalkToTheFiST
Thread Starter #3
Where do you like? Down in Texas I see at least 1 every other day.
My 3rd day of ownership I parked next to a FiST at a store and 2 hours later a FoST at a park and then passed a FiST on a twisty road that night and a FoST and Fist at my buddy’s apartment complex. There is a “car meet” (mostly high schoolers with Camry’s and an exhaust) that happens every now and then in my town of 65,000 people just outside of San Antonio TX and I drove by it the other day and there were about 8 FoSTs and a few FiSTs. Might have to stop in sometime. But I see them everywhere. Lol.

Heya Slick, im in Missouri, couple hours out of St Louis. Maybe in St Louis there's more, i'd guess so but i live in a much more rural area of about 60k pop in our surrounding area. I did see another FOST today and it was quite funny. I got gas and pulled onto the road and noticed a black ST behind me, couldnt tell right away which ST it was.

He turned with me to a 2 lane and when he came up along side i looked over and the guy was smiling big and nodding holding up his phone to record lol. I could tell he was happy to see another ST on the road. A mile later we were side by side at a red light and we talked for a second. A block later we pulled into a gas station and he came over to check out my car.

I didn't ask but im pretty sure his was stock. It was a cool exchange and one i figure i will have more of over time. There's definitely a camaraderie among ST owners, and it seems it's a much more exclusive club than something like Mustangs. PSX_20190830_202734.jpg

Heya Slick, im in Missouri, couple hours out of St Louis. Maybe in St Louis there's more, i'd guess so but i live in a much more rural area of about 60k pop in our surrounding area. I did see another FOST today and it was quite funny. I got gas and pulled onto the road and noticed a black ST behind me, couldnt tell right away which ST it was.

He turned with me to a 2 lane and when he came up along side i looked over and the guy was smiling big and nodding holding up his phone to record lol. I could tell he was happy to see another ST on the road. A mile later we were side by side at a red light and we talked for a second. A block later we pulled into a gas station and he came over to check out my car.

I didn't ask but im pretty sure his was stock. It was a cool exchange and one i figure i will have more of over time. There's definitely a camaraderie among ST owners, and it seems it's a much more exclusive club than something like Mustangs. View attachment 23211
Yeah for sure, a lot less common, and (generally) there is a certain kind of person that buys the ST [ESPECIALLY THE FiST] over other, more powerful, faster cars. You have to enjoy driving and not care about the prestige of other cars that get more attention and are “cooler” to the regular people who are somewhat into cars.
The STs are the kind of car that only true car people know that are awesome fun cars - to anyone else it’s just a focus or a fiesta - no matter how fast you ripped that generic badge off. If you know you know, and all the guys that want that light weight, small turbo, darty little miata style ride with the 6 speed tranny all have that purist mindset and it is definitely a cult like following with mandatory waves as you drive past each other. You’ve got an awesome story and we are part of a pretty exclusive club that has fewer and fewer recruits since they are out of production. It’s tons of fun and I’m only 3 weeks into ownership. Going to a cars and coffee here in San Antonio in a few weeks, I’ll have to throw some pics up if I find a good group of us there.

OP
TalkToTheFiST
Thread Starter #5
Yeah for sure, a lot less common, and (generally) there is a certain kind of person that buys the ST [ESPECIALLY THE FiST] over other, more powerful, faster cars. You have to enjoy driving and not care about the prestige of other cars that get more attention and are “cooler” to the regular people who are somewhat into cars.
The STs are the kind of car that only true car people know that are awesome fun cars - to anyone else it’s just a focus or a fiesta - no matter how fast you ripped that generic badge off. If you know you know, and all the guys that want that light weight, small turbo, darty little miata style ride with the 6 speed tranny all have that purist mindset and it is definitely a cult like following with mandatory waves as you drive past each other. You’ve got an awesome story and we are part of a pretty exclusive club that has fewer and fewer recruits since they are out of production. It’s tons of fun and I’m only 3 weeks into ownership. Going to a cars and coffee here in San Antonio in a few weeks, I’ll have to throw some pics up if I find a good group of us there.

Yep so true, and i will say the fact they are rare, that just makes it all the more alluring to me. I have never wanted a big heavy car that EVERYBODY has. I swear there must be 200 mustangs in the town i live of only 14k, it's disgusting. Same with chargers and challengers, big heavy boats that are so ugly, they lack any finesse or subtlety. I had originally wanted a FOST and had chased them online for many months but the first time i saw a FIST i knew it was what i wanted.

Im a fairly stable 250lb grown man, i think if i lost my car tomorrow i would actually cry. Then i'd start shopping for another lol. I look forward to your pics, i'll have to start looking for car meet ups in my area, sounds fun.

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
I see at least 3 STs a day, but I live in a college town so they're a lot more common. The other day, a FoST was driving towards me and stuck his hand out the window to say hi. I did the same as we were approaching and nodded my head at him. First time that's ever happened with an ST bro. Felt nice.
:cool:[lovest]

OP
TalkToTheFiST
Thread Starter #8
Got my 2nd FIST today, looked like fully stock on the outside. Reminded me how tiny these really are, very compact little cars. PSX_20190908_003440.jpg