Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

St3LLA II

Hello, I have been around since I bought my 16, I never did a build thread for that car. That 16 is now totalled and i am left with a new 2019 Shadow Black Fiesta.

Best part is that it provides me a good reason to go with different parts.

This will be a little bit different build compared to alot, this first thread Ill list what parts i did on the old car vs the new car and provide a brief synopsis of choice

OLD|NEW

Intake: CPE I liked the look but was to lazy to pull off old car, Wouldve reused otherwise | ITG On the new car i chose to go with the ITG, it recommended by Ron at Whoosh and watching the ITG video i really like the location idea, I have a Fiesta RS bumper, I am looking to install I plan to use that bumper to drill 2 holes directly in front of where the intake filter is located.

BOV: HKS I got the HKS for free from an MS3 guy, If the install wasnt such a pain with the spacers, and i wasnt lazy pulling things off i probably would of reused, I would recommend to anyone who cant use stock location | GFB VTA This has not been installed as of today. Looking to install on Sunday pics to follow. I purchased on recommendation from Adam @ Tune Plus.

Exhaust: Remus the shop pulled the exhaust for me, I will re use this as I do not know many people in my area or in the nation that currently use this exhaust, my intent when i purchased was to be different. at the time everyone i knew or read were buying Cobb MBRP or Ford Performance.

Charge Pipes: Mishimoto and CPE | Planning to go MAP This one is all because of look, hahaha!

FMIC: MAP

Also did the Boomba Throttle body and intake manifold spacer, I will not be doing these again because I dont have the intent for Aux or meth at this time, and i did not like how much space it took up, in regards to oil changes specifically.

Recap for new car

Intake: ITG in combination with Ron's Crossover and induction hose
Exhaust: Remus
RMM: CPE
BOV: GFB VTA
FMIC: MAP
Charge Pipes: MAP (have not purchased at this time)
Coilovers: Meister R based on great reviews from a couple fellow forum posters.

Pics to come.

Last edited:
OP
T
Thread Starter #2
We got the car on the lift the Saturday after i bought it.

We put my White 1552 Turbomacs on along with swap out the factory exhaust with my Remus cat back. First thing i noticed and correct me if i am wrong, at least on the 2019, they appear to have relocated the oil filter lower, closer to the base of the block. On the 16 and prior it was always near the middle making oil changes harder than other cars i have done.

Outside of that it was quite odd to be under a car with less than 200 miles on it, pulling out an exhaust.

The MeisterR coilovers arrived today, I purchased the ZetaCRD as i did not have the use or justification for the GT1.

I have never done any type of suspension modification to any of cars, so i am really excited to get these put on. The wheel gap is just horrendous that is the main reason, I cannot speak to ride quality at this time I will update sunday evening.

First impressions based on look and feel in the hand, take that as you will. They feel really solid. Im excited for install on Sunday.
Here are pictures: None of my pictures are showing Im posting install pictures in later post.

Last edited:
OP
T
Thread Starter #3
I spent most of yesterday installing MeisterR coilovers.

They sit nice they seem to ride well now. I may increase the dampening a little bit sacrificing body roll.

My questions to those with MeisterR @MeisterR I hear a Knock coming from the rear. We put the car back on the lift and everything is tight.

Please advise any thoughts.

OP
T
Thread Starter #4
So between Monday Evening and Today, I was able to locate and resolve the "knock" i was hearing, There is a lock ring on the shock in the rear, If that lock ring is not tight the tube body below it will bounce off the lock ring.

I will check the ring again in 2 weeks to ensure its still tight.

Still find the ride rough, I clicked all 4 corners -2 softer from what they came stock we will give that a whirl for a bit and see what happens.

What kind of settings are others running for their Coils?

Attached are the before and after shot, in non technical terms, I reduced my wheel gap by 2 finger widths, currently i can fit 1 finger between the wheel well and the tire. before.jpg after.jpg
Before ^ After ^
I was also able to install the GFB VTA - with the ITG intake it makes a hell of difference in noise.

Next item on my task list is to remove my front bumper, mount my MAP intercooler, and work on test fitting my RS bumper from Duraflex. Does anyone know if the RS Foglight bezel's and bulb housings match the locations on these bumpers?

I still have my Whoosh Crossover and Induction to install but i am waiting on the EVAP from Ron to replace that entire set up and not have to mod current, Did so on my stock and i fought a CEL. IMG_20200504_104348_01.jpg IMG_20200504_104351_01.jpg IMG_20200506_184122_01.jpg IMG_9679.jpg

Last edited:
OP
T
Thread Starter #5
Did a full detail of the Fiesta on Saturday, Wash Claybar, correction (paint defects, keeping an eye on it for warranty), polish, and Ceramic, all product used was from Adam's Polishes based here in Colorado.

She cleans up nice, Its raining today so hopefully i can apply the ceramic booster this week. Pics to come

OP
T
Thread Starter #6
Purchased new wheels last night. I found a set of the 15 spoke SVT wheels. Going to clean them up and get them painted to some random ass color i like, (yet to be decided) and mounted on new Continential DWS.

OP
T
Thread Starter #7
Finally got all the parts to install the rest of the intake:
Whoosh Crossover
Whoosh induction
and 2014 evap.

Car is running great, Been considering E30. 85 is not the most convenient thing to source here in my part of CO, but if I think if i could get a Full Tank and work with Adam to get a Tune done in that tank it may be worth the time and effort. Adam was offering "Live" tuning meaning I can schedule a time on his schedule and go from start to finish in 1 hour. That would be the route i will take.

OP
T
Thread Starter #9
Have you fit the bumper yet? Is it the duraflex one? Curious if you’ll need the EU spec crash bar to make that work.
I have not, Been kinda lazy. Ill try to look at it on saturday, we have a cruise coming up on sunday so if its not this weekend itll have to be next.

Yes i believe it is the Duraflex one

xxiaze

I have not, Been kinda lazy. Ill try to look at it on saturday, we have a cruise coming up on sunday so if its not this weekend itll have to be next.

Yes i believe it is the Duraflex one
I feel that, and hopefully the cruise is amazing! Let me know for sure though, because if the duraflex front fits US spec no problem then it’s likely for logic to permit the duraflex rear also fitting the US spec. I’ve been eying up the dual cannon rear bumper 😍

OP
T
Thread Starter #11
I feel that, and hopefully the cruise is amazing! Let me know for sure though, because if the duraflex front fits US spec no problem then it’s likely for logic to permit the duraflex rear also fitting the US spec. I’ve been eying up the dual cannon rear bumper 😍
That would be awesome!

I picked up a set of SVT 15 spoke wheels working on a color change :) bye bye white turbomacs. (for now)

You can also tell im lazy as i still have my MAP FMIC in the back seat :S

xxiaze

Those wheels look really nice on there man. Not sure I’ve seen those on a FiST. That’s what’s up. How was the cruise?

OP
T
Thread Starter #14
Those wheels look really nice on there man. Not sure I’ve seen those on a FiST. That’s what’s up. How was the cruise?
Cruise was good! we didnt have the expected turn out but it was fun none the less! We have another one tomorrow but I am on-call at work so I dont expect to go unfortunately!

Next weekend is race weekend, Our local drag strip puts on a Ford Fun series. So i get to run some racing and see how close i can get to clubs records.

OP
T
Thread Starter #17
The tint job took WAAAAAY longer than it should have. I left my car with the guy at 8am this morning was originally told it would be done by 1PM, at 1230, it was delayed till 2, I didnt get a response at 2PM. I sent a text at 3 asking if i could come to shop and hang out for the remainder of the job.

He says yeah man you're more than welcome.

I walk in and just his facial expression i could tell it has not been a kind day for him, i initially felt like it was my fault like I did not do something that would've made this process less painful. After we got to talking and he let some of his frustrations settle, I learned that when your car sits on the Auto Lot for 12 months or you live on a dirt road, even if you have pets dust and debris build up in the window sills and windshield areas where he needs it immaculate cause MASSIVE pain when attempting to get as flawless coverage as possible.

He told me through out the day, that he had redone 3 windows at least twice, The windshield 2x. While i was there I watched him redo the windshield and the Pass rear window. I drove away at 6PM....

In the end I am super happy with the result, I would go back to him in heartbeat because of the love he has for his trade. I respect that he took sooooo much pride in his work and didnt settle. IMG_20200606_192449_842.jpg IMG_20200606_192449_837.jpg

check out my before and after

The tint job took WAAAAAY longer than it should have. I left my car with the guy at 8am this morning was originally told it would be done by 1PM, at 1230, it was delayed till 2, I didnt get a response at 2PM. I sent a text at 3 asking if i could come to shop and hang out for the remainder of the job.

He says yeah man you're more than welcome.

I walk in and just his facial expression i could tell it has not been a kind day for him, i initially felt like it was my fault like I did not do something that would've made this process less painful. After we got to talking and he let some of his frustrations settle, I learned that when your car sits on the Auto Lot for 12 months or you live on a dirt road, even if you have pets dust and debris build up in the window sills and windshield areas where he needs it immaculate cause MASSIVE pain when attempting to get as flawless coverage as possible.

He told me through out the day, that he had redone 3 windows at least twice, The windshield 2x. While i was there I watched him redo the windshield and the Pass rear window. I drove away at 6PM....

In the end I am super happy with the result, I would go back to him in heartbeat because of the love he has for his trade. I respect that he took sooooo much pride in his work and didnt settle. View attachment 31470 View attachment 31469

check out my before and after
I like that you can actually still see inside the car somewhat. I still can't decide if I want tint, but if I do it will be fairly light

OP
T
Thread Starter #19
I like that you can actually still see inside the car somewhat. I still can't decide if I want tint, but if I do it will be fairly light
If thats what you want go 25% or lighter. What is on my car is 15% on the windows and 50% on windshield.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Same here, as I don't like the solid 'G look', and the LEOs around here would be pulling me over incessantly (despite whether or not the local/state regulations state that I can have a given amount of tint).

But I DO understand just how essential tint is in the MUCH hotter, and sunnier locales than mine. [wink] [thumb]