Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stereo lights wont work

The lights on my stereo stopped working. I recently had an aftermarket reverse camera installed and someone fiddled around with forscan on my car. I don't know if that's connected to my issue but maybe someone here knows. Has this happened to anyone? Everything works. Lights just won't come on. Only the locked icon.

OP
areyes
Thread Starter #3
Probably a loose connector.
Do you happen to know which connector to look for? Nothing was unplugged so its really a mistery to me. Can't seem to find any one with this issue online.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Do you happen to know which connector to look for? Nothing was unplugged so its really a mistery to me. Can't seem to find any one with this issue online.
Sorry, I don't. There's got to be a wiring schematic somewhere. Are you on any FiST forums in Europe? Someone might have it.

You could take it apart and check around with a continuity tester, but knowing exactly where to look for that particular connection would be best. Why did someone mess with the Forscan? Was it an update?

OP
areyes
Thread Starter #5
Sorry, I don't. There's got to be a wiring schematic somewhere. Are you on any FiST forums in Europe? Someone might have it.

You could take it apart and check around with a continuity tester, but knowing exactly where to look for that particular connection would be best. Why did someone mess with the Forscan? Was it an update?
I'm located in colombia. Our cars didn't come with reverse camera. So I had an aftermarket one out in. Forscan is needed to enable the reverse camera. He changed some other stuff such as the "ST" start up emblem, the speed limit and stuff like that.
I don't know if it's related but I'm trying everything.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
I'd talk to the man again and see if he can fix it. If he knows enough about Forscan to install the camera, he probably has the wiring schematic.

Also, I love Colombia. The prettiest woman I ever dated was from there. She looked like Keri Russell, but with bigger boobs.
1614017003665.png

Last edited:
It's probably the main harness to the touchscreen. I believe you need to add wires to pin 15 & 16 on the harness in order to get the aftermarket back up camera feed to the screen. There may have been other connectors that were unhooked to gain access. Probably one isn't seated quite enough and causing the lights not to work.

https://www.fiestastforum.com/threa...ra-discussion-thread.13058/page-2#post-247059

Last edited:
OP
areyes
Thread Starter #8
It's probably the main harness to the touchscreen. I believe you need to add wires to pin 15 & 16 on the harness in order to get the aftermarket back up camera feed to the screen. There may have been other connectors that were unhooked to gain access. Probably one isn't seated quite enough and causing the lights not to work.

https://www.fiestastforum.com/threa...ra-discussion-thread.13058/page-2#post-247059
Yes. The thing is in my conector there were 2 other wires in the 14 and 15 pins. Both were unhooked and left loose. I have them separated with tape but I wonder if I have to tie them together. I'm check the connections and see if that fixes it. But in no other camera build have I seen this extra wires in place of the reverse camera.

Lcluskey

I am having the same issue. After upgrading my MY15 to sync 3 and putting in a backup camera.
Did you ever get this sorted?