Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stickerbombing

I ordered some stickerbomb vinyl for my roof rack fairing. I was thinking of doing the filler cap door, just to see how it looks on a oxford white. Does anybody has any experience with stickerbombing?? I was thinking the usual places that I see it getting done (lower front and rear bumper, drivers side front fender, side skirts).

I've never understood why people do this on their $1000 civic, but doing it to a brand new $24,000+/- car?

eh...at the end of the day it is your car! Do your thing!

I actually had to google Stickerbomb because I had no idea what it was... and now I know why... it's your car, so do what makes you happy but dear Jebus that looks ridiculous.

OP
FiestaBart
Thread Starter #5
I knew the waters would rise... I was just gonna do my Yakima fairing and play around with the gas cap door, I was asking for any experiences with the front fender, sides and bumpers

Etyrnus

I have the same matte black vinyl on my filler door as the hood and roof. It's an interesting touch, still debating on how much I like it.

Perry

You wanna do WHAT?!?! <--Sorry, that was my Dad talking. But I'm inclined to agree. I do have to admit that it's your car, and you are free to do as you like with it. That said, I'm pretty sure some homeowners' associations will not let you park it outside if you do that.

CanadianST

It is your car as others have said but I'd leave stickerbombing to the "jdm dawg" crowd. A buddy did it to his center console of his 240sx but a subtle bit like that kinda fits with the car because of what it is. I think an entire fender, even a gas cap would stand out like crazy on our cars, it is a Ford after all.

Etyrnus

I have seen a custom motorcycle that was done kinda like this style, except it was all playboy magazine covers...

TheStig

Why not run steelies and rust your hood while your at it. Run a Yakima roof rack that has a half assembled BMX that never gets ridden. Maybe get a drift charm too.

Why not run steelies and rust your hood while your at it. Run a Yakima roof rack that has a half assembled BMX that never gets ridden. Maybe get a drift charm too.
LOL, I saw a rusted hood on a Golf and I thought they just were too lazy to get their replacement hood painted. I had NO idea it was a 'thing'... I guess I'm just too old to understand these things now.

TheStig

I threw up in my mouth a little...

There is a HUGE difference in taking a newer car (say circa 1990+) and intetionally giving it a rusted look, and taking an old car that has seen some miles and CLEAR COATING OVER THE EXISTING RUST AND WEAR.

Not yelling but serious, this intentional rust thing is horrible, i love the trucks done by say Gas Monkey Garage (for example) that are just clear coated over existing body rust and road wear, gives it character in spades. But rusted hood on your VW, Civic, Sentra, barf.

CanadianST

I threw up in my mouth a little...

There is a HUGE difference in taking a newer car (say circa 1990+) and intetionally giving it a rusted look, and taking an old car that has seen some miles and CLEAR COATING OVER THE EXISTING RUST AND WEAR.

Not yelling but serious, this intentional rust thing is horrible, i love the trucks done by say Gas Monkey Garage (for example) that are just clear coated over existing body rust and road wear, gives it character in spades. But rusted hood on your VW, Civic, Sentra, barf.
I agree with ya, definitely not something i'd ever consider doing. Just fooling around lol

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club

this is a thing apparently.

seriously though no idea why you'd run a yakima rack if you do not regularly operate a bicycle

TheStig

this is a thing apparently.

seriously though no idea why you'd run a yakima rack if you do not regularly operate a bicycle
I have alot of friends in the Honda community and its all the rage for them. All about "hard parking" and looking cool. One person even had his hood and trunk wrapped to look like wood grain...

OP
FiestaBart
Thread Starter #18
That's funny. I am wondering how it went from, "Does anybody have any experience with stickerbombing", to "rust out my hood"?? For everyones info, I was just doing my Yakima Fairing and my gas filler door. Something to set my Oxford White apart from every other car on the road and make it my own. Sorry, but I do appreciate the comments, they were kinda funny, in a thread hijack kinda way.. p.s. I did it in black and white, to kinda contrast the Oxford White.

I also use my rack a lot, For you SO CAL PEOPLE, I ride the Palomar in my car AND my bike.

That's funny. I am wondering how it went from, "Does anybody have any experience with stickerbombing", to "rust out my hood"?? For everyones info, I was just doing my Yakima Fairing and my gas filler door. Something to set my Oxford White apart from every other car on the road and make it my own. Sorry, but I do appreciate the comments, they were kinda funny, in a thread hijack kinda way.. p.s. I did it in black and white, to kinda contrast the Oxford White.

I also use my rack a lot, For you SO CAL PEOPLE, I ride the Palomar in my car AND my bike.