Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stock air box lid not sealing

Any of you other degens ever have an issue with the lid of the stock air box not sealing? Everything is screwed down tight as far as the lid but you can see a small gap where both sections join (not enough to cause a leak imo) but I can see and feel some fine dust particles in the maf housing and induction hose. Ive been using a ram air drop in filter but I have an oem one in there for now just because it seems to seal better. Anyone else having or had this issue?

PunkST

2000 Post Club
I had a screw strip out a hole in mine. Idk why ford didnt use sone sort of clips instead. It could be that your lid or box has a slight warp in it. Its plastic after all. You could try some super compressable foam with a sticky backing around the edge.

OP
DieselMech
Thread Starter #3
Interim fix is to wrap the joining sections with duct tape till I figure a more permanent fix

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Yup. I knownthe mountune lower asks for you to actually warp the lid to make sure its sealed. Another thing to check is to see if the rubber edge has a spot with excess material making the lid bind.

OP
DieselMech
Thread Starter #7
Yup. I knownthe mountune lower asks for you to actually warp the lid to make sure its sealed. Another thing to check is to see if the rubber edge has a spot with excess material making the lid bind.
It’s definitely not sealed vertically or horizontally but seals fine at the 4 points it secures too so it may very well be warped.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Hmmm. How big is the gap? Might be worth it to order a new lid.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Or you can try a heat gun, some shims, and a table clamp to push the corners back up. But id be worried about warping it further

OP
DieselMech
Thread Starter #10
It’s definitely not sealed vertically or horizontally but seals fine at the 4 points it secures too so it may very well be warped.

Rubber seal was the first I checked, I may smear some grease on the Rubber seal and see how that does to seal it.

OP
DieselMech
Thread Starter #20
I’d rather clamp the shit out of it on top and keep the seal
This is the most likely route since I don't want to go to a conical filter which would just defeat the point of my big mouth.