Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Street, canyon budget coilovers? Godspeed, biltien b14?

Was looking to change out my shocks and struts think a few potholes blew out my front left as its starting to cup the tire.

Whats the best bang for the buck for a daily driver, some canyon carving, hope to take it to the track one day...

Honestly was looking for upgraded shocks and struts because i did not want to spend over$1k on coilovers.

Been doing reasearch, people have good luck with god speed. And the bilstiens b14

Pushing toward godspeed for the price.

I am in California salt and rust is not a issue for the valve bodies.

And help and supporting mods i should look into suspension wise please let me know.

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
Im running Whiteline lowering springs and Bilstein B4 stock replacement shocks/struts.

So far im very happy with the set-up and the car handled GMR and Angels Crest pretty well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
B
Thread Starter #3
Im running Whiteline lowering springs and Bilstein B4 stock replacement shocks/struts.

So far im very happy with the set-up and the car handled GMR and Angels Crest pretty well.

Thought the bilstiens came with springs?
Edit: ok not coilovers, i will probobly get this set up, with stock springs
Would like to stay stock heigh as much as i can, sometimes i park or drive in gravel roads for work.

Last edited:
OP
B
Thread Starter #4
Thought the bilstiens came with springs?
Would like to stay stock heigh as much as i can, sometimes i park or drive in gravel roads for work.
Angeles crest is sometimes part of my commutes :)

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
I've heard good things about Koni yellows with stock springs on the back of the car. Stay away from oranges. If you do go coilovers, I've had good luck with MeisterR zeta CRD's. They let you keep stock height.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
If you must drive on gravel, or very rough roads often, the Bilstein B6es, with factory springs and new mounts/hardware is your best bet.

IF the roads you are on allow a little bit of lowering without taking out the whole bottom of the unibody/gearbox/oil pan, then B6es with Swift Spec Rs are your option.

As strong as some of the lesser priced coil overs are, or are claimed to be by some on here, they cannot be as strong/reliable as the Bilstein dampers, and almost all of them do not allow, or even go to a factory ride height (and are generally a bit more $$$, even with replacing the factory mounts/hardware). [wink]

OP
B
Thread Starter #7
If you must drive on gravel, or very rough roads often, the Bilstein B6es, with factory springs and new mounts/hardware is your best bet.

IF the roads you are on allow a little bit of lowering without taking out the whole bottom of the unibody/gearbox/oil pan, then B6es with Swift Spec Rs are your option.

As strong as some of the lesser priced coil overs are, or are claimed to be by some on here, they cannot be as strong/reliable as the Bilstein dampers, and almost all of them do not allow, or even go to a factory ride height (and are generally a bit more $$$, even with replacing the factory mounts/hardware). [wink]
True.. no crazy rally driving. Just driven on some service gravel roads. Some camp spots may be on gravel driveways, heck my driveway entrance is steep. My other car is a slammed corvette so my fiesta is my "conventional" car lol. I will look into bilstien or koni yellows. No coilovers needed for my type of driving. Can used the saved $$ on chassis mods.

If you do consider budget coils.
Ive had my Megan coils for 4 yrs taking it on canyons and stuff and its held up really well. Also has dampening adjustments. 800 for a set. Very similar to the BC sets.
Im not sure about the stock height on these since i had em lowered when installed. i think they sit about half an inch lower than oem at max.

Mikey456

True.. no crazy rally driving. Just driven on some service gravel roads. Some camp spots may be on gravel driveways, heck my driveway entrance is steep. My other car is a slammed corvette so my fiesta is my "conventional" car lol. I will look into bilstien or koni yellows. No coilovers needed for my type of driving. Can used the saved $$ on chassis mods.
Just FYI the Koni Yellows are adjustable. The B6 are not. Up to you if you want that ability to adjust or not. It’s a personal preference.

OP
B
Thread Starter #10
Just FYI the Koni Yellows are adjustable. The B6 are not. Up to you if you want that ability to adjust or not. It’s a personal preference.
Thinking of going with the full set of koni srts (orange) hear they are smoother and overall a tad bit better than stock in performance. And are made for stock springs.

Or maybe Srt up front and koni yellows in the back just to have some adjustability.
With the money saved i can put it into a pierce 6 point chassus brace and tosion bar.

We don’t have “canyons” in the southeast, but our mountain roads are the best in the world imo. I run whiteline progressive rate springs along with pierce motorsports stiffening parts and my fiesta handles beautifully. One day I may swap in coilovers, but most people arent adjusting them unless they are serious on the track.

Even when this car sees the track more often in a couple years, I’ll probably keep these springs until I want to swap dampers.