Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Street H and Short Shift Plates

I can't seem to find a clear answer one way or another. I have a boomba short shift plate thats been sitting waiting to get installed, but I recently signed up to run in my first AutoX even in a few weeks. Are the short shift plates legal for Street H?

SCCA Solo Rules Section 13.1: "If a modification is not specifically authorized in this or previous Sections of these Rules, it is not allowed."

Section 13 is the guide to allowed modifications for street class. Doesn't say anything about of anything shifting-related. That's a clear no IMO.

Eh no one is going to inspect your car.

And it's not going to make you faster :p

Local and not running for points. Maybe one or 2 times

National level you will get ass rapped if caught and always seen as a cheat.

Short answer is class the car in the correct class which is one of the ST classes or remove it.

OP
Sanity
Thread Starter #5
That's what I kinda thought, Thanks for the confirmation guys. I'll sit on it for now. I'd still like to install it someday, maybe if I ever get the other car running and I run that in an open class

If you're just running locally and this is your first event, I say throw it on and just run in STH. You'll be running in Novice anyway so just compare your times to all the other novices. Unless you are a really competitive person or good enough to be at the national level, I'd say build the car how you want to and run it in whatever class you end up in!

OP
Sanity
Thread Starter #7
If you're just running locally and this is your first event, I say throw it on and just run in STH. You'll be running in Novice anyway so just compare your times to all the other novices. Unless you are a really competitive person or good enough to be at the national level, I'd say build the car how you want to and run it in whatever class you end up in!
I'm not national level by any means, but I am competitive! Mostly I want to run in the stock class for now. It'll help curb my modding itch until I pass the warranty dates.

I'm not national level by any means, but I am competitive! Mostly I want to run in the stock class for now. It'll help curb my modding itch until I pass the warranty dates.
Just volunteer to use your car for EVERY road trip. You'll hit that 60,000 in no time!

Seriously though I'm in the same boat. I'm running in Novice right now for my first year (no one really cares what my class is) and just building the car how I want to (which will put it in STH for next year) and hoping I'll have enough done by next season to not get blown out completely.