Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stripped screw on stock BPV

Seems like a noob question but i couldn’t find any posts on it so here it is. I recently got a boomba BOV and after getting the right tools my brother and i were able to get to 2 of the 3 bolts then the 3rd one that holds what i think is the bpv is totally stripped, that thing is a circle in there. So i was wondering if there were some ways to get this screw/bolt out. One of my friends recommended JB weld and just sacrificing a 5mm hex bit to the bolt lol. Not sure how dumb that is but welcome to anything of course and the BOV comes with 3 new bolts so no issue with ruining the 1 in there that’s stripped. Thanks y’all!

Sam4

It's a bastard to get to as well. Have you re-installed the bolts? Boost leak? If no leak - don't ever go back there....if leak, professional assortment and application of an easy-out. It's the hex slot that's been rounded out, right?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
It's a bastard to get to as well. Have you re-installed the bolts? Boost leak? If no leak - don't ever go back there....if leak, professional assortment and application of an easy-out. It's the hex slot that's been rounded out, right?
I believe they are Allen head style*

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

OP
T
Thread Starter #4
Sorry i think i explained this wrong, i never got the bolt off of the bpv it was just stripped when i got to it lol so it was either like that out of the factory or the person who owned it before me ruined it. I want to get that bolt out so i can put the BOV on and then put the new bolts that come with the BOV on. And yes it rounded out the hex slot lol it’s is pretty much a circle now from what i could see.

Sam4

I get it. You could attack it with vise grips or pliers, but if there's no loss of boost - you should cut your losses. Believe it or not, the factory would have have the correct tool and all kinds of access during assembly.