Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Subframe damage?

Joshua.S

Anyone know where I could get a front subframe for less than $850? I went in for an alignment yesterday after putting brand new tires on it only to be told they couldn’t align it because the FR wheel is farther back than the FL (which I can confirm, plus it tracks to the left). It was supposedly aligned when I bought it, (though I’m starting to think it was a cover-up job. It was in an accident on that side which was "repaired"). The shop told me I could fix it by replacing the control arm and strut, but I don’t believe my control arm is bent since that was replaced right before I bought it (only owned it for 8 months and no accidents since purchase), and there are a couple signs of subframe damage now that I know what to look for. Feeling pretty discouraged at this point, but willing to put labor into it. Unfortunately the ST subframe is a little different than the SE, and costs like 3 times as much:(
Any comments, advice or tips would be much appreciated.
Subframe part number: AY1Z-5019-A

Attachments

What are the differences between the SE and ST subframe that you found? I though the only difference in the front suspension was the knuckles due to the ST having bigger brakes.

Dialcaliper

It looks like according to Tasca’s catalog, the ST (1.6T), the base 1.6 and base 1.0T have V3 different part numbers for the front subframe.

No clue what all the differences are, but one of them is probably the place where the rear control arm attaches (ST uses different size rear bushing), And maybe to do with alignment