Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Sun protection--window screen or dash mat?

New ST owner here. I love this car as I can use it every day (unlike my previous miata--too impractical for my daily use). However, every day use means it is sitting in the blazing southern sun all day in a parking lot at work. What do you guys like for dash protection and reducing sun damage? The window seems really big for a shade, but I have not tried one yet. Is a dash mat a better option? Thanks!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Get window tint with solar heat reflection....park in shaded areas....or be like me and get a window prescription for tint and get a front windshield banner that comes down about 6+ inches from the rooftop line near the top of the windshield and you also won't have to worry about police bothering you no matter where you as go it's doctor ordered...🕺

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I would use a shade just because I don't like dash mats but I also use an interior plastics cleaner with a UV protective finish on the dash.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
I would use a shade just because I don't like dash mats but I also use an interior plastics cleaner with a UV protective finish on the dash.
I agree with both of these. A shade also keeps the whole interior cooler. The tallest generic one I found was still too short for our tall windshield, so I got this one, which is custom fit for each car-
http://www.autoanything.com/driving-accessories/60A4065A0A0.aspx

Fits great, easy to roll out and secure behind the visors, rolls up and secures with a velcro strap, and stows behind the passenger seat.

303 Aerospace is a great vinyl protectant for the dash to use also.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I agree with both of these. A shade also keeps the whole interior cooler. The tallest generic one I found was still too short for our tall windshield, so I got this one, which is custom fit for each car-
http://www.autoanything.com/driving-accessories/60A4065A0A0.aspx

Fits great, easy to roll out and secure behind the visors, rolls up and secures with a velcro strap, and stows behind the passenger seat.

303 Aerospace is a great vinyl protectant for the dash to use also.
+1 on 303 - been using this stuff for years on everything plastic interior and exterior.

OP
R
Thread Starter #8
Thanks for the tips, guys! I think I'll try the shade first, and I'll get some of the 303 protectant as well.