Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

SVTF Owner, Shopping for an ST

I currently own a 2004 SVT and 2005 ST. I am looking at getting a new Fiesta ST sometime in the next year. What is everyone's opinion of the car that has come from an SVT?

Also here is my current SVT:

H&R Race Springs, Koni Yellow Struts, Bridestone RE-71R, EBC RedStuff Pads, H&R 24mm Rear Sway Bar, Massive Front Strut Bar, FSWERKS Rear Stress Bar, Massive Sway Bar End Links, Tom's Tune, FSWERKS Cool-Flo Intake, CFM Dogbone (Race Bushings), Steeda Poly Engine Mounts, Aluminum Coolant Crossover Tube, Steeda Tri-x Short Throw Shifter.

There are many more modifications, but those are the most notable ones. Hope you all like it!

fST

Welcome! I have a 2004 SVT Focus that I bought brand new 12 years ago! Still have it! I just got my FiST last month.

What do I think of the FiST compared to the SVTF? It's SO much better! Handling is probably about the same, if not better, and that's with some minor suspension mods on the SVTF. The FiST is much quicker and is more fun with having boost. It's also 11 years newer and is therefore much nicer all around. The FiST has tech and features that the SVTF doesn't have. You should test drive one if you haven't already.

OP
D
Thread Starter #3
Welcome! I have a 2004 SVT Focus that I bought brand new 12 years ago! Still have it! I just got my FiST last month.

What do I think of the FiST compared to the SVTF? It's SO much better! Handling is probably about the same, if not better, and that's with some minor suspension mods on the SVTF. The FiST is much quicker and is more fun with having boost. It's also 11 years newer and is therefore much nicer all around. The FiST has tech and features that the SVTF doesn't have. You should test drive one if you haven't already.
I haven't yet, however there is a brand new Fiesta ST local in grey with black wheels. I might try to test drive it one day this week. I have however test driven a 2015 Focus ST and it was a blast, just too big for my taste.

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Go out and test drive it..you'll find the FiST handles very similar to the SVT or MK1 Focus. Size wise the Focus is going to be a little bit wider but overall very close to one another. The build quality and materials on the FiST is 10x better than the Focus.

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
I just sold a 2003 Tuxedo Black 3 door SVTF. I liked the car but the Fiesta is way more fun to drive. It is sharper handling and nimbler feeling even though the Focus is 200lbs lighter. Also the main thing to know is that the Fiesta ST is much more mod friendly, being that it's boosted. No more struggling to get a few extra horses out of the Focus and spending hundreds of dollars for next to no gains. I think you'll be hooked the minute you drive one. Once you get an Accessport and intercooler along with a tune, I know you won't stop grinning from ear to ear. Good Luck.

OP
D
Thread Starter #10
Test drove a Black ST yesterday and am testing a grey one out today! Loved it, however that clutch will take some getting used to. I could smell it when I got back on the lot, it engages so fast compared to my SVT.

fST

Test drove a Black ST yesterday and am testing a grey one out today! Loved it, however that clutch will take some getting used to. I could smell it when I got back on the lot, it engages so fast compared to my SVT.
Oh yes, forgot about that! It does!

I had a 2003 ZX5 SVTF, all stock except for a garbage intake the kid before me put on it and some minor brake upgrades. I loved that car, but it had it's fair share of little annoying problems. To me, the FiST is everything the SVTF wanted to be. As mentioned, the handling is about the same, maybe a little better than the SVTF. Braking is much better. Transmission is very smooth and improved over the SVTF. The ride is a bit rougher on the FiST, but we don't really get a car like this for the ride. Aftermarket support is much better for the FiST. Also, as mentioned with it being much newer, it is much nicer all around. Things that used to be options on high end luxury cars in 2003 are now standard on entry level economy cars. I think the FiST still fits in the same niche that the SVTF did. Fun, quick little car for a hell of a bargain that doesn't have much direct competition in its segment.

Sweet. Did you buy that new or used. I don't know enough about FiSTs to know if wheels like that and red calipers are available new. If it's used, how many miles on it? Does it have Recaros?

Sweet. Did you buy that new or used. I don't know enough about FiSTs to know if wheels like that and red calipers are available new. If it's used, how many miles on it? Does it have Recaros?
I think if you get the black painted wheels the red calipers are standard. I think

Picked up one today! Has navigation, but no sunroof. $21k

Wish mine didn't have a sunroof! Too much weight up high, and less headroom. Possible problems in the future, and I never use mine. Love the Magnetic with the black wheels!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk