Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Swapping my factory wheels to 16's need advice?

Hello all it's been a while, I have repaired my stock wheels from bends and cracks from pot holes 4 times and I'm just done. So I want to go with 16's so I have a bit more side wall and hopefully that will help from repairs. I'm looking for a High value wheel that looks good and has a good price. All I really care about is that their black and I'm asking the community for advice. Thanks in advance!!! COOP

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Hello all it's been a while, I have repaired my stock wheels from bends and cracks from pot holes 4 times and I'm just done. So I want to go with 16's so I have a bit more side wall and hopefully that will help from repairs. I'm looking for a High value wheel that looks good and has a good price. All I really care about is that their black and I'm asking the community for advice. Thanks in advance!!! COOP
Dekagrams. Tons of people have them but if that doesn’t bother you they’re excellent.

green_henry

1000 Post Club
For my all-seasons, I bought a set of 16x7 Focal F20s, mainly because TireRack's wheel/tire packages include free mounting and balancing. No regrets so far.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The Enkei RPF1s are are great wheel, light and strong, IF you like their style. [wink]

They are sparsely available in 16x7 and 16x8, but, if you want them in black, you will have to have them painted, or powder coated since they were never offered that way from the factory, in our application.

OP
T
Thread Starter #8
I'm partial to Sparco Terras since I own two sets. Not the lightest but I have yet to see a bent or cracked wheel and they are a popular choice for rallycross.

If your budget is open, 16" OZ Ultraleggera's are super nice and light.
I really like the Sparco Terras and their at the top of my lists.

Fiestig

Thanks for all the reply'

Is there something wrong with 16x7? I see most of the wheels are in that size?
Not at all. I personally would prefer a 16x8, but it comes down to the tire you personally would run. I have nothing but good things to say about 16x7 slipstreams and at only 14.2lbs with a good amount center mass you really notice the difference driving around

OP
T
Thread Starter #12
Not at all. I personally would prefer a 16x8, but it comes down to the tire you personally would run. I have nothing but good things to say about 16x7 slipstreams and at only 14.2lbs with a good amount center mass you really notice the difference driving around
I'm going to go with the Firehawk's this time....

Fiestig

I have run:
205/45/16 (better corning profile, large source of brands and types)
215/45/16 (harder to find good brands without getting into specialty compound tires)
205/50/16 (far better ride quality with good sport tire options, large source of brands and types)

215/45/16 would be great across the board if you can find a reasonable branded non specialty compound

I had a very similar experience with stock configuration. Lost 3 tires and a rim in my first year of ownership. Downsized to 16x7, no issues since. Went with Sparco Assetto Garas wrapped in 205/45/16 currently Riken Raptor AS... come summer, it'll probably be Indy 500 or Proxes R1R.

I have run:
205/45/16 (better corning profile, large source of brands and types)
215/45/16 (harder to find good brands without getting into specialty compound tires)
205/50/16 (far better ride quality with good sport tire options, large source of brands and types)

215/45/16 would be great across the board if you can find a reasonable branded non specialty compound
Any rubbing issues with 205/50/16? Are you lowered at all?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Do you need an all season tire?

Good luck finding an all season in a 215/45-16 as they basically do not exist from a major brand, save for the one Vredestein model. [:(]

That being said, I totally agree with Fiestig on that size being THE ideal for a 16" wheel on our rides, and wish that more of the major manufacturers offered it in their UHP all season lineup.

The other sizes, 205/45-16 and 205/50-16 are more plentiful in all types of tire (all season, summer 300/340+ treadwear, and gumball 100 and 200 tread wear stickies.

Good luck finding an all season in a 215/45-16 as they basically do not exist from a major brand, save for the one Vredestein model. [:(]

That being said, I totally agree with Fiestig on that size being THE ideal for a 16" wheel on our rides, and wish that more of the major manufacturers offered it in their UHP all season lineup.

The other sizes, 205/45-16 and 205/50-16 are more plentiful in all types of tire (all season, summer 300/340+ treadwear, and gumball 100 and 200 tread wear stickies.
I'm seeing a few 215 summer options on tirerack... can we run that wide of a cross section on 16x7's?

I have those Vredesteins, they're good.