Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Switching from RX8 to Fiesta ST, can I use my COBB?

I'm making the switch from and RX-8 to a Fiesta ST. I have an AccessPort from my Mazda, is it possible to flash it for the Fiesta? Or will I have to purchase something separate for tuning the Fiesta?

OP
T
Thread Starter #3
When it comes to tuning the fiesta, what's the best route? I was looking at that mountune package but I'm not sure that's really worth what they are wanting for it.

Going to be a big change.... going from no torque and huge rev band, to gobs of torque and a short bandwidth

OP
T
Thread Starter #5
Yeah I get that part. Guess I'm wondering on what tuning route to go other than Cobb. I've seen some other stuff, but I'm not digging the 1200+ price tags as I only paid 450 for the Cobb and paid a guy 100 to tune.

Is the mountune I keep seeing worth it?

dyn085

2000 Post Club
I would only buy Mountune if you were concerned with your warranty. There are plenty of better options for less money.

GAbOS

I'm making the switch from and RX-8 to a Fiesta ST. I have an AccessPort from my Mazda, is it possible to flash it for the Fiesta? Or will I have to purchase something separate for tuning the Fiesta?
Yes. You have to send it back and spend a fee to get it unpaired but it's cheaper than a new one.

Send it back to COBB and have them flash it for the Fiesta. Then get ahold of [MENTION=3805]Tune+[/MENTION] and have Adam tune your car. Trust me, it is an unreal difference! He is the best tuner for the Fiesta period.

If you have an AP2, it is not compatible with the Fiesta ST you will have to get an AP3. If you give them a call they might be able to do a deal on an upgrade to AP3 if you send in your AP2.

Once you get it all sorted, give me a shout and I will set you up with a solid tune!

www.adamtuned.com

OP
T
Thread Starter #14
I was looking at it. They were going to offer me $250 trade in for the V2 to the V3, but so far on ebay I'm already at $300 for the bidding lol. So I think I'll purchase it outright.

Is it worth getting the Stage 1 package from Cobb? It has a high flow air filter and rear bushings, but I wasn't sure if those rear mount upgrades are really needed on this car.

You can skip the filter, but the rear motor mount is a good upgrade for these cars. I run the Cobb one on my car personally.

OP
T
Thread Starter #16
Well, with the stage 1 package, you basically get the filter for free because the price of the mounts with the AP is $655. Where the Stage 1 package is $650