Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Symposer port turbosmart Vee Port question

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
I am curious if anyone ever found any signs of oil near or in/on the factory symposer?

I saw a ford focus that had this issue and assuming the fiesta and focus symposers are similar in design, could that pose an issue with symposer port blow off valves?

Looking at doing the whoosh symposer bov kit, will probably check with them prior to purchase.

My symposer was deleted before my ownership so I'll only be able to look at the inside portion of the silicone cap.

For those with symposer bov's have you needed any kind of maintenance/cleaning on your set ups?

Thanks.

I had my whoosh plug in for about a month, never saw any sign of oil. I have since replaced the hot and cold pipes with mishimoto polish pipes, it came with its own delete options. But it really wasn't necessary I just like putting parts on. It ran great without it.

DangerMouse

I’ve had the symposer deleted since almost new. I’ve had the pipes off a couple times for cleaning and swapping to different brand and never any oil. I took the symposer apart to see how it worked and it was dry. Didn’t have very many miles on it though.

I installed the turbosmart vee port and i love it. Nice and quiet driving around town, gets louder when you get on it. I think turbosmart recommends cleaning and lubricating every 6 months. Figured i would just do it in the fall and spring when i swap winter wheels and do my nut and bolt checks. The location is really why i wanted it, for easy maintenance.

OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #4
That's excellent news. Was originally going ts em vr2 but with a whoosh V3 and a symposer bov, I leave myself that room for a turbo, which admittedly I need to become more familiar with my car first. The other reason is, and I agree, that thing sounds sweet! It gets enough of the whistle that it makes me think of my years in Okinawa and going out with all the R32 and Silvia gear heads. Of course that was literally 1999-2002 but that sound is pretty damn great!