Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Sync 3.4 Upgrade?

I have seen that site but havent tried it myself. I'm worried it will just introduce bugs and issues since the software was never officially supported on our cars. I'm also not sure what the process would be to go back to V3.0 if it did have problems. If you do try it report back and let us know how it works though.

I would advise against updating to 3.4, the extra features are mostly for 2020 cars, ev features ect. The upgrade wouldn't be worth the extra bugs induced by the update and the latest version available from Ford works just fine and has 99% of the features.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

But it shouldn't be an issue trying it out, if there are too many issues you can just revert back to 3.0.

OP
B

borborpa

Premium Account
Thread Starter #6
But it shouldn't be an issue trying it out, if there are too many issues you can just revert back to 3.0.

Yeah that's my thought, I can always go back.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Yeah I'm doing it tonight...we shall see! I'm happy to be the guinea pig.
I wouldn't recommend it. A lot of folks on the facebook have done it and it adds zero useful features and a whole lot of bugs. Reverting back is also a nightmare.

OP
B

borborpa

Premium Account
Thread Starter #10
I wouldn't recommend it. A lot of folks on the facebook have done it and it adds zero useful features and a whole lot of bugs. Reverting back is also a nightmare.
Hmmmmmm. Maybe I'll hold off for now then. Thanks for the info. :)

I said screw it and did it. No noticable issues right off the bat. I need to re-flash my changes via ForScan like boot screen and enabling SiriusXM, but everything works.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
B

borborpa

Premium Account
Thread Starter #12
I said screw it and did it. No noticable issues right off the bat. I need to re-flash my changes via ForScan like boot screen and enabling SiriusXM, but everything works.
That's good to know. The one bonus that it would add is the ability to change the USB module out for one that has USB-C for fast charging, which would be nice.

Last edited by a moderator:

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
That's good to know. The one bonus that it would add is the ability to change the USB module out for one that has USB-C for fast charging, which would be nice.
USB-C or USB 3? I have the USB 3 module which works just fine with Sync 3.0.

OP
B

borborpa

Premium Account
Thread Starter #14
USB-C or USB 3? I have the USB 3 module which works just fine with Sync 3.0.
USB-C. There's a module with a combo USB-C and USB-A but it needs Sync 3.4 to work. I'm assuming it will fit our cars, images online look identical, including the connector. I have the USB 3 module currently, but it won't fast charge the phone.

I assume you mean these.

This one looks like an OEM part, but a different size than our hub. Although that LC5T-14F014-DB part number doesn't seem to come up with anything so maybe not OEM.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/352905560659

I also found this one which does not look OEM, but does look like it would fit our car. Both claim to need 3.4.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/163962519021

Same as the first eBay link. It doesn't look wide enough to fill the opening to me. The second one appears to be a bit wider more like the dual USB A we have factory.

I've had the update (v3.4,, Build 19101) for at least a couple weeks and i have to say, I'm pretty pleased with it! The first two days it was very buggy, wouldn't show new track when skipped, Android Auto didn't come up at all initially but now everything is much smoother, the overall interface looks much nicer to me.

Things I definitely don't like: I did not get a "Door ajar" thing on the screen before, but I do now. Also, the music cuts out when you turn off the ESC, that also didn't happen before but now it does. That's it. A few things are moved around but just like any update, you just get used to it.

OP
B

borborpa

Premium Account
Thread Starter #19
Same as the first eBay link. It doesn't look wide enough to fill the opening to me. The second one appears to be a bit wider more like the dual USB A we have factory.
We shall see - Amazon was overnight with Prime so I figured what the heck.

OP
B

borborpa

Premium Account
Thread Starter #20
Yup that one did not fit, it was too short. Oh well. :)