Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

SYNC 3 5GHz Wifi

Im prepping for wireless Android Auto and was reading that it is supported as long as sync 3 is able to connect to a 5GHz network. Google said the 2017+ sync 3 modules are able to connect to 5GHz networks and was wondering if there are any owners who can verify that. Thanks!

SteveS

1000 Post Club
I checked our 2018 F150 and 2019 Fiesta, and both see our 5GHz wifi network, as well as all the neighbors' 5GHz networks as available networks.

66polara

The Google info page makes it seem like wireless is out now, as long as you have a compatible car (2017+ Fiesta is listed) and phone/Android 11. I have both, but no success with wireless.

Any ideas?

SteveS

1000 Post Club
Are you following the step by step directions on Googles Help pages? The one that seems counterintuitive is that to use wireless AA you have to start with the phone connected by USB, then download the latest version of AA while connected and install it, start AA, and then wait for it to connect wirelessly, which it says may take a long time.

OP
hendrixsrv
Thread Starter #7
Are you following the step by step directions on Googles Help pages? The one that seems counterintuitive is that to use wireless AA you have to start with the phone connected by USB, then download the latest version of AA while connected and install it, start AA, and then wait for it to connect wirelessly, which it says may take a long time.
Oh wow that sounds annoying. I might wait for that AAWireless to come out then.

OP
hendrixsrv
Thread Starter #9
I think your problem is that a 2016 Sync 3 module is not 2017+.
Yeah, I was hoping that ours would have it but I guess not. Either way, I'll just wait for the AAWireless dongle to come out. Thanks guys!