Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Sync 3 defaulting to fm

I tried searching for this, if there is a thread please point me to it.
I have a '16 with the sync 3 I believe, I am not sure the version I will check it later. When I have the source as Sirius/XM, and turn the car off and come back later and start it up it defaults to FM. But if I just power the car on, not crank it, it does resumes XM. Then as soon as I crank it, back to FM. I have tired master reset, and that did not change anything. Is this the way its supposed to work? Or do I have something setup wrong or can change?

OP
G
Thread Starter #4
Thanks for the advice. I downloaded it this morning to a usb and updated it. When I get off this evening I will see if it helped/fixed it. Thanks!

danbfree

3000 Post Club
The key is to take advantage of AA/CP, with AA, I just plug my phone in and my music starts back up... if I don't plug my phone in, it will *eventually* maybe after 15 secs, *then* default to the last radio station I had on whether it's AM or FM.

OP
G
Thread Starter #7
Well so far so good. Response of the screen seems slightly better, it used to kinda hang for a second when stuff would pop up, like changing the volume. And its remained on XM last few times I have started car. So may not work for everyone, but update if you are having this issue.

OP
G
Thread Starter #9
Well success was short lived. Got in it yesterday after work and defaulted to AM lol. This morning it defaulted to off. And its not every time. I got in and out of it three or four times and it stayed on XM, so its def an issue. I need to establish myself at local Ford dealership anyway so guess its time to drop by an say hello and see what they say about it.

Well success was short lived. Got in it yesterday after work and defaulted to AM lol. This morning it defaulted to off. And its not every time. I got in and out of it three or four times and it stayed on XM, so its def an issue. I need to establish myself at local Ford dealership anyway so guess its time to drop by an say hello and see what they say about it.
I experienced this on both my fiesta sts. I havent had the issue if I power the stereo off before turning the car off.

The Sync 3 system has an issue sync 3 randomly switching inputs that Ford is well aware of. Supposedly there is an "engineer" assigned to this problem but that is most likely BS that is fed to Dealers when the report the problem. Truth is that it's a system designed and provided by Sony and they have no interest on fixing any issues because Ford just won't hold their feet to the fire.

Workarounds. The ONLY workaround that I have found that actually works is only a 96-97% solution and it only works if you use Bluetooth Audio for your tunes. What you have to do is have the Music application running on your phone and it must be the first app. you see when you open/wake up your phone. If you see the desktop when you open the phone you'll get random inputs, you have to turn off the screen with the musing app front and center.

BTW, the failures I have had are events when the car cannot connect to the phone via bluetooth. When that connection fails then the system will start up to a random input, recently it's been 1710 on the AM band which is just static.