Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Sync 3 Error: Playlist is Corrupt (RESOLVED)

Intuit

3000 Post Club
TITLE: Unable to playback media.
NUTSHELL: If you run into any problems with playing back media, try "Settings", then "Media Player", then select "Update Media Index".

==========Backstory==========

Recently ran into this issue where it wouldn't playback any media. I keep a stack of problematic HDDs and have run into this before; though without the "playlist is corrupt" error message. I just figured the HDD was going out or the player had landed on a WMA/MP3/M4A/WAV file that it couldn't handle. Pulled the HDD and checked SMART stats... no new reallocated, pending or uncorrectable sector counts. FAT32 file table and surface scan checks found no issues. Plugged it back in only to get a message saying something about the device being incompatible and to remove it. Briefly unplugged data cable and problem gone. Except it's still not playing or even displaying any of the partition content. Now when attempt to browse I got an error message similar to 'cannot browse while indexing'. Waited ten minutes only to get the same message.

In my research on "playlist is corrupt", no one really posted about the issue. Just based on "Sync 3" being in the search, I did run across this...
https://www.fordservicecontent.com/...rket=USA&div=f&vCode=&vFilteringEnabled=False
1612052041411.png

I went to "Settings" then "Media Player" then selected "Update Media Index". No indication that anything was happening so I hit again. Still nothing. But before I could hit it a third time, music just started playing. I believe the act of simply switching media devices (plugging something different in) has the same impact. But this saved me the trouble of finding something else to plug in.