Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Sync 3 Guru's

I'm starting to think that my phone maybe to old to completely work with Sync 3 . I'm not sure what year I got it but it's a Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.5 from at&t. I got a text message on the way home and never got a notice or anything. My phone blinks a blue light showing I have a text so I decided to go into the phone settings with Sync 3 that are paired via Bluetooth then I hit the messages and then it started saying "Downloading Text Messages " .so then after a few minutes I get a thing that popped up on the screen saying that Sync 3 does not have access to text messaging from phone .

My question is , what am I missing ? Phone is paired via Bluetooth so I have no idea what I'm missing in the settings on the car . If my phone is not compatible it's not really a big deal , I use my phones until there is no life left in it at all before I upgrade .

Appreciate any input ,
[popcorn] [dunno]

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
Texts are a bit iffy. IIRC, if you are on BT, you may get an icon in the upper right corner of the Sync screen, but that's it. I have been using AA, which is the main reason to have Sync 3 - and the Google assistant would read texts out loud, but not 100% of the time.

OP
F
Thread Starter #3
The only thing I get up in the right hand corner is the little fan thing for network available, and what is AA ?

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
The only thing I get up in the right hand corner is the little fan thing for network available, and what is AA ?
Android Auto. For iPhones, Car Play. You may want to unlair with the Sync and re-pair again; watch for permissions.

OP
F
Thread Starter #5
I just googled it before work and it said " Incompatible with this Device " . So I'm guessing my phone is an antique and its not gonna werkie.

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
I just googled it before work and it said " Incompatible with this Device " . So I'm guessing my phone is an antique and its not gonna werkie.
And I'm not sure if there's an auxiliary input in these cars anymore. Used to be, but now it's either BT or USB.

OP
F
Thread Starter #7
No aux that I know of just usb in mine and only thing that I use the blue tooth for is on my phone. Appreciate the help.

C2B2

You may need to update your Sync3 to the latest version!
I remember my original Sync3 version having similar error messages like yours when I plug my phone in for charging with the built in USB port. At the time I didn't bother to deal with it so I used the cigarette lighter to charge my phone instead. I did think that my phone being too old but after I upgraded to a newer phone and still the error messages were there. Then I update the Sync3 to a version (probably v2.3) that has Android Auto and it seems to have fixed some previous problems I had had. This year I updated to its latest version and I have had no problem since. I still have that same phone though.