Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

SYNC 3 + iPhone 6

Hi everyone,

I have a Sync / FiST noob question:

I'm having SYNC issues with my iPhone 6S. My phone paired without a problem at the dealership, which was great. Unfortunately, I discovered, every time I turn the car off, and then come back to the car and start it up, it can no longer recognize my phone or establish a link to it.

I have tried several things so far and none have seemed to do anything at all. If I want to use the phone, I must pair it again each time I get into the car, which is completely absurd. Any tips or suggestions would be great, especially if you know of a step-by-step that works properly. I also read on a forum about deleting the previous phone id in the SYNC system, but I couldn't figure out how to do that (the instructions were for MFT or SYNC 1 I think).

Also, once you have your phone paired, how do you get the stereo to recognize music playing from iTunes?

Thank you, and I appreciate your patience if there are threads on this topic that I was unable to find in my previous searches.

How are you connecting your phone? via bluetooth or a usb wired connection? To play music from your phone press the audio or music icon and on the top left there should be a button that says "source" and either choose bluetooth device or the wired connection icon

To delete a old phone from Bluetooth go to the main settings and touch Bluetooth then go to view devices. It should show all the phones ever paired to the radio. Just touch the phone you want to delete and hit the delete option. I have the 6s Plus and haven't had any problems yet. Only thing I don't like about it is you have to be connected to usb to use apps.

I am connecting via Bluetooth, or trying to. Thanks for the tip!
Hi pleaseyesplease,

Have you tried a soft reset on your iPhone. Press and hold the POWER & HOME buttons for at least ten seconds, until you see the Apple logo. Release both buttons and allow the phone to power on.

Get back to me when you get a chance.

Shaay

OP
P
Thread Starter #6
Hi Shaay,

Thank you for the response.

At the moment, I think I've got it working. What fixed it for me was resetting SYNC to factory settings, and then initiating the phone pairing process from the voice command button on the steering wheel, and then following the usual sequence. I found that suggested on another forum and it worked for me. Prior to that, it couldn't recognize my phone after getting back into the car, and it also couldn't keep the proper time upon restarting the car either. This seems to have remedied both issues. I will follow up after a week or so and see if all is still well.

Hi pleaseyesplease,

Have you tried a soft reset on your iPhone. Press and hold the POWER & HOME buttons for at least ten seconds, until you see the Apple logo. Release both buttons and allow the phone to power on.

Get back to me when you get a chance.

Shaay

I have the 6s and I am still trying to figure out how to get apple car play to work. BT audio works but it won't display artist or album cover (just a generic picture). I had seen that Apple car play emulates everything on the phone screen but I have yet to get this to work....

Don't know if I am wrong! But was it not like sync 3 that will only work with apple only with cable? For the music streaming?

I have the 6s and I am still trying to figure out how to get apple car play to work. BT audio works but it won't display artist or album cover (just a generic picture). I had seen that Apple car play emulates everything on the phone screen but I have yet to get this to work....
Hi F1Fletch,

CarPlay is not available yet. Do you have SYNC 3 as well: owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-technology/all/get-started-with-sync/how-to-identify-your-sync-version.html?model If so, an update to add CarPlay will be released later this year.

Don't know if I am wrong! But was it not like sync 3 that will only work with apple only with cable? For the music streaming?
tojo,

If you're referring to AppLink, that is correct. In order to use AppLink with an iPhone, you'll need to connect via Bluetooth and USB. While using Bluetooth Audio, you do not need the USB cord.

Shaay

Ford Community Posts