Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Sync Key Replacement

Hi guys, I woke up this morning to what sounded like my car alarm going off. Thinking someone broke into the place I alerted my wife and flew out to the garage in my underwear ready to do battle (because I'm super tough).

The alarm wasnt going off when I got there. Now it just sounded like the car door locks were having electrical issues. Battery dieing maybe?

I come back into the house to a laughing wife who has now found my car key in the dogs mouth completely mangled but apparently still functional....

Now I need to replace my fob. The electrical inside still works perfectly, and I was wondering if there is an upgraded fob or cool aftermarket fob you may know about. I can transplant the electronics no problem.

Thanks

TL;DR dog ate my key fob and I want a replacement. No issue with moving electronics from one key to another.

Attachments

Last edited:

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
I get my key fob covers from aliexpress.com. you can choose from leather, silicone and TPU. For the fob itself they also have, but it does take a while to get from China. That fob with key is inexpensive. I paid $18 at a dealer to have a duplicate key made. Scroll down for more pics, 4 total.

Always check the shipping method vs. Cost to get it quicker. 2 weeks on some items. US mail is a factor too. I have some ali items still on the way three months later.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I used carandtruckremotes.com. I ended up finding the missing spare so i cant speak to how programming it would go but the quality is just like OEM.