Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

SYNC needs to be completely replaced?

tporr95

So my SYNC system overtime got worse and worse w/ connecting to BT and would sometimes freeze and restart at random but recently its been straight up unbearable. It wont respond to touch inputs until minutes later or stay connected to my phone for more than a minute so i tried the master reset but had no luck at all. I just took it to the dealer and they said the systems needs to be completely replaced to the tune of $1500 out of pocket. Does anyone know of work arounds or anything to avoid completely replacing the unit?

The system got really bad shortly after I took it to get the 12v outlet in the front fixed at a non-ford repair shop. Could they have accidentally done something to fuck it up?

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Find a parting out car or junkyard system and look for a good audio shop to replace. If from a junkyard you may have to buy it "as-is".