Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

T-bolt clamp vs. Screw clamp

Old Mike Emerson

U.S. Navy Veteran
I'm asking because it's getting closer to D-day when I start throwing upgrades at Lil Badass. I've seen differing opinions which are better. Does it depend on if it's a rad hose or intercooler? I know they cost more I bought an assortment box of both. I have seen multiple turbo builds on You Tube some use screw type some use T-bolt. So which is better?

I'm asking because it's getting closer to D-day when I start throwing upgrades at Lil Badass. I've seen differing opinions which are better. Does it depend on if it's a rad hose or intercooler? I know they cost more I bought an assortment box of both. I have seen multiple turbo builds on You Tube some use screw type some use T-bolt. So which is better?
Just did a mix of t bolt and mishimoto constant tension clamps. So far so good. I did find this chart from mishimoto that was pretty handy. Screenshot_20220228-204153_Chrome.jpg

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Doesn't matter. Just use hairspray when Joining things together as it acts as a Lubricant going together and an adhesive when it dries. I run 28lbs of boost and its held true on a lot of my problem areas before I used aerosol hair spray