Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

TB 4-Pt Brace Install - HELP!

I'm trying to install this 4 point solo and I cannot get the lower control arm bolt-holes to line up at all (the fronts and rears). I have the passenger side front facing bolt in, but the driver side just will not line up. I've tried jacks, ramps, a small pry bar, nothing is working. Does anyone have suggestions or a video link that details this thing? Getting seriously frustrated.

Thanks.

green_henry

1000 Post Club
Do you have all four corners on jack stands or only the front? If only the front, borrow some for the rear and let us know if that helps

OP
FJ16
Thread Starter #3
Do you have all four corners on jack stands or only the front? If only the front, borrow some for the rear and let us know if that helps
I just have the front. Would the rear really have any effect on the front suspension?

green_henry

1000 Post Club
I just have the front. Would the rear really have any effect on the front suspension?
I just took a look at TB's pictures for the "Torque Gusset Traction Bar" and they show it on 2 jack stands, so it may not be worth the effort -- but can't hurt.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
you are supposed to have the wheels on ramps. Suspension needs to be loaded for instal If you let your control arms hang it will not be preloaded.
Thats the way the other brands suggest doing it.

I did my Summit Swave on a rack and if I needed to shift the control arms slightly we used a tranny jack to give a little lift. Though both wheels were on a flat surface. Took about 10-15 minutes max to install.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I'm going to say it like this we don't install suspension components in shops on ramps it is done in the air.

I do recommend doing the final tightening with the vehicle loaded on its wheels.

To each their own.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

OP
FJ16
Thread Starter #7
you are supposed to have the wheels on ramps. Suspension needs to be loaded for instal If you let your control arms hang it will not be preloaded.
Thats the way the other brands suggest doing it.

I did my Summit Swave on a rack and if I needed to shift the control arms slightly we used a tranny jack to give a little lift. Though both wheels were on a flat surface. Took about 10-15 minutes max to install.
Yeah it's on ramps, I'm just having trouble manipulating the control arms to line the hell up.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Yeah it's on ramps, I'm just having trouble manipulating the control arms to line the hell up.
ya put a jack under your trans or the and jack it up a little just like I described with the tranny jack. It might have been the subframe jacked up a little . If you look at my install thread mini review you will see.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I'm going to say it like this we don't install suspension components in shops on ramps it is done in the air.

I do recommend doing the final tightening with the vehicle loaded on its wheels.

To each their own.

I would agree except this a brace, While it attaches to suspension points much like a swaybar it stiffens and quite a few performance shops and aftermarket companies recommend installing with preload. Which is not hanging in air.
I also would say that when I installed my Hotchkis rear swaybar it also said to install with the wheels on a surface rather than in air. Straight from Hotchkis!
All is not the same with Performance sometimes.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I would agree except this a brace, While it attaches to suspension points much like a swaybar it stiffens and quite a few performance shops and aftermarket companies recommend installing with preload. Which is not hanging in air.
I also would say that when I installed my Hotchkis rear swaybar it also said to install with the wheels on a surface rather than in air. Straight from Hotchkis!
All is not the same with Performance sometimes.
My personal opinion on that they are just saying that because they actually want you to do the tightening with the wheels on the ground.

Maybe it would be a little more time consuming for them to explain jack up car install bolts loosely, and lower on ramps tighten to torque specs.

Whatever works for you.