Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

TB Performance torsion bar

Got my TB Performance on Thursday, but didn't have a chance to install it until today. I think it took more time to gather up the tools, get the car up on jack stands, and putting everything away than it did to actually install the bar.

There are a couple of roundabouts by my friends house, so we jumped in the car and headed that way. WOW...I was expecting a difference, but not this much with such an easy install. The body roll was greatly reduced and it was easier to bring on controlled oversteer. I was running on my G-Force Comp 2-A/S tires, so looking forward to my next event in my Azenis Rt615k+ at my next auto-x event and without an extra 275 lbs of passenger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Does anyone have CLOSE-UP pics of the Pierce installed (like this above), so we can compare the two??

Some claim that the Pierce is more 'stable' since it supposedly contacts the sides of the beam axle. [dunno]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club

DaveG99

Im surprised that C channel metal beam flexes at all even without the added bar. Seems pretty strong

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Im surprised that C channel metal beam flexes at all even without the added bar. Seems pretty strong
Just what I thought when looking at it closely. [thumb]

But all of these owners on here SWEAR BY their torsion bars and trunk braces (possible 'placebo effect'? [doorpeek][dunno]).

I might just forego the torsion bar and add a hollow (if any are made) anti-sway bar to the beam axle. ;)

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account

But all of these owners on here SWEAR BY their torsion bars and trunk braces (possible 'placebo effect'? [doorpeek][dunno]).

I might just forego the torsion bar and add a hollow (if any are made) anti-sway bar to the beam axle. ;)
A torsion bar stiffener and a anti-sway bar have exactly the same effect; they add to rear roll stiffness. The SCCA classifies a TB stiffener as an anti-sway bar and not a chassis stiffener.

DaveG99

I just got in on the TB trunk brace group buy. Figured at $99 it cant hurt. I know connecting points across the car will stiffen things up. Even in the 90's we used to install strut tower braces. Ive been reading a lot about these bars and all the other bars offered by pierce and TB. Besides the trunk brace ill probably do the torsion beam just because so many people swear by it. I guess ill be able to see if it works first hand then. Im also probably going to get the 2 point pierce bar or tb traction bar as well.

I really would love to get the r spec swift springs but i dont think i could drive my car around Dallas lowered without scraping on everything. The little plastic thing under my bumper already rubs at my driveway at stock height. So instead of springs im just going to stiffen the shit out of the car

I ran a couple HPDE's with and without the tb torsion bar and noticed no difference at all. I was also expecting some yuge difference based on reviews, but it just wasn't there for me.