Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Team Dynamics 15x8+35 with Swift springs and 225/45R15

Hey guys! I might be needing a new set of summer tires soon. I have a set of Team Dynamics 15x8+35 and was planning to buy a set RS4 225/45R15 and also get Swift springs. I have researched about this setup but I was just wondering how much does the tire stick out from the fender? Pics will be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

OP
L
Thread Starter #7
How do you like the B6s and Swift springs?
I like the setup quite a bit! The setup is a bit too stiff for our crappy roads up here, but I did pretty well with this setup in autocross. It does sit low, especially on the racing rubber- that extra 1/2 inch does make a difference. I daily it on the stock wheels and tires, and even then, I've bashed the heck out of my 2 point bar.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
It does sit low, especially on the racing rubber- that extra 1/2 inch does make a difference. I daily it on the stock wheels and tires, and even then, I've bashed the heck out of my 2 point bar.
I've wanted this setup, but the above just confirms that it would NOT work for me, as I must take this car down gravel rally stage roads when working/volunteering on such, and even with a skid plate, a setup with this low a ride height is just NOT 'doable' for me. [:(]

OP
L
Thread Starter #12
I like the setup quite a bit! The setup is a bit too stiff for our crappy roads up here, but I did pretty well with this setup in autocross. It does sit low, especially on the racing rubber- that extra 1/2 inch does make a difference. I daily it on the stock wheels and tires, and even then, I've bashed the heck out of my 2 point bar.
Good to know. I was planning to daily the RS4 when I buy it. The RS4 is the only tire in the 225/45/15 size that would last. You are referring to your track bar when you said 2 point bar, right? From Plainrt's pics, it doesn't look low at all.

I've wanted this setup, but the above just confirms that it would NOT work for me, as I must take this car down gravel rally stage roads when working/volunteering on such, and even with a skid plate, a setup with this low a ride height is just NOT 'doable' for me. [:(]
Yeah, I wish Swift had a slightly less extreme option- a bit higher, a touch softer- to really make it more of a practical car. Plowing through snow- or the slush that gets built up between tire tracks on the road where it freezes- gets old.

OP
L
Thread Starter #14
Yeah, I wish Swift had a slightly less extreme option- a bit higher, a touch softer- to really make it more of a practical car. Plowing through snow- or the slush that gets built up between tire tracks on the road where it freezes- gets old.
I heard the 2014-2015 struts/shocks paired with Swift springs feels more compliant and not as bouncy from my research. What year is your FiST?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^Yeah Pablo, I don't mind the rate at all (it's only ~40 in./lbs. greater than factory after all), it's the DROP that I just cannot live with, but they must cater to the 'slam it' majority, I guess. [:(]

Factory ride height, with the Swift's linear rate, or even a slight bit higher rate, would be ideal for my uses, but I guess I'm the only one who wants that in this whole country?

OP
L
Thread Starter #16
^^^Yeah, I don't mind the rate at all (it's only ~40 in./lbs. greater than factory after all), it's the DROP that I just cannot live with, but they must cater to the 'slam it' majority, I guess. [:(]

Factory ride height, with the Swift's linear rate, or even a slight bit higher rate, would be ideal for my uses, but I guess I'm the only one who wants that in this whole country?

This surprises me as Swift doesn't drop that much. Doesn't Swift has the lowest drop compared to other springs?

Totally non-scientific, but here is a shot of my bar clearance while riding on stock wheels/tires with the Swift/B6 setup.
The Purel bottle is about 3.25 inches tall, so guessing about 2.75-3 inches of clearance? The 225/45R15s drop it an additional .5 inch or so.
I remember seeing strut spacers from my WRX days- I wonder if something similar is possible?

sorry this has been kinda thread jacked
IMG_3585.JPG

OP
L
Thread Starter #18
Totally non-scientific, but here is a shot of my bar clearance while riding on stock wheels/tires with the Swift/B6 setup.
The Purel bottle is about 3.25 inches tall, so guessing about 2.75-3 inches of clearance? The 225/45R15s drop it an additional .5 inch or so.
I remember seeing strut spacers from my WRX days- I wonder if something similar is possible?

sorry this has been kinda thread jacked
View attachment 30098

Ah, I see your point now. Is that bar your trac bar? I am planning to get a TB Performance bar so it has more clearance.

Ah, I see your point now. Is that bar your trac bar? I am planning to get a TB Performance bar so it has more clearance.
yes- the bottle is sitting flush up against the Pierce 2 point lower chassis brace/ tiebar/ track bar thing. One thing I noticed is that the lower flexible bit of the nose is about at the same level as the bar.