Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Team Dynamics alternative center caps options

Anyone tried it? I picked up a set of 15" TD off craigslist and they didn't come with center caps. I could get new ones from any number of vendors, but has anyone tried a basic eBay flat cap? It's not about cost TD caps are only $10ea. I think a flat cap will accentuate the depth of the wheels and the TD ones are kind of clunky anyways. Internet searching shows people measuring the center cap opening at 55mm-57mm. Can anyone confirm/deny? TD center caps look pretty standard on the backside and have that metal ring along with the clips. Would a replacement cap work without the metal spring and only the plastic clips?

Hoping not to resort to overlays on the TD caps but for anyone interested my searching found people using 45mm overlays in place of the Team Dynamics ones.

EDIT: Here's the finished version

eyecandy

OP
StayPuft
Thread Starter #2
The cap on the right is a Team Dynamics cap for reference.

Harvick

1000 Post Club
You can always put a thin silicon bead to make sure they stay on.

OP
StayPuft
Thread Starter #8
Yessssss! Looks great!

I'm going to order some today

OP
StayPuft
Thread Starter #10
UPDATE!

I ordered some flat caps and covers for the TDs. Caps took 3 weeks to get here from Taiwan. They fit nice and tight though. Probably need to paint the caps since they're showing. I like the look.

Now just gotta convince myself the extra $200 is worth it to buy the Direzza ZII Star Specs over the DZ102.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
UPDATE!

I ordered some flat caps and covers for the TDs. Caps took 3 weeks to get here from Taiwan. They fit nice and tight though. Probably need to paint the caps since they're showing. I like the look.

Now just gotta convince myself the extra $200 is worth it to buy the Direzza ZII Star Specs over the DZ102.

where did you order your caps from? can you link me the seller?

OP
StayPuft
Thread Starter #12
eBay. PM sent. Clip size is 55mm and outer cap size is 57mm.

OP
StayPuft
Thread Starter #16
Had mine for a couple months now and they're all still in. I did wrap the inside prongs in electrical tape to get a super tight fit. I even ordered another set with some different overlays so i can switch up the look.

Can you post or pm me the link to the center caps and overlays they look great.

Had mine for a couple months now and they're all still in. I did wrap the inside prongs in electrical tape to get a super tight fit. I even ordered another set with some different overlays so i can switch up the look.

OP
StayPuft
Thread Starter #20
I just clicked on both links and says no searches found.
Maybe it's because I went through my purchase history and it won't let you view that. How about now?

center caps are 55mm inside, 57mm outside:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NO-LOGO-Wheel-Center-Caps-D1-55mm-D2-57mm-1-Set-4-Pcs-/252162008289?vxp=mtr

decals are 57mm decals:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/4Pcs-3D-Alu...bs-for-Ford-/161817246205?hash=item25ad0f39fd