Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Team Dynamics and fresh powder coat

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Did you make any mention to the powder coater about these wheels being heat treated as a strengthening process?
How high a temp did they use to bake them?

I am starting to like the contrast of white wheels against the magnetic color, but yeah, they will be TOTALLY impossible to keep clean, even for a day. [:(]

16x7s?

OP
F
Thread Starter #6
Did you make any mention to the powder coater about these wheels being heat treated as a strengthening process?
How high a temp did they use to bake them?

I am starting to like the contrast of white wheels against the magnetic color, but yeah, they will be TOTALLY impossible to keep clean, even for a day. [:(]

16x7s?
I would lose my ocd mind trying to keep white wheels clean lol. He said the temperatures should not effect the structural integrity of the wheels. Yes 16x7.

the duke

Note, if there is any doubt I would contact the manufacturer (Team Dynamics) if powercoating would interfere with the grain structure, IF anything it should anneal it and that would allow it to bend more than actually breaking. However I don't think the temp/time is enough to have that affect.

I'm just some douche on the internet that took Materials Engineering a long time ago. If in doubt, ask the manufacturer. If anything it's cheap insurance.

OP
F
Thread Starter #8
I
Note, if there is any doubt I would contact the manufacturer (Team Dynamics) if powercoating would interfere with the grain structure, IF anything it should anneal it and that would allow it to bend more than actually breaking. However I don't think the temp/time is enough to have that affect.

I'm just some douche on the internet that took Materials Engineering a long time ago. If in doubt, ask the manufacturer. If anything it's cheap insurance.
I have no worries. The guy that did the coating works for a jet engine manufacturer. He works in a coatings lab on engine internals. I work there as well. He had no reservations in doing it.

OP
F
Thread Starter #9
Got them mounted. They had an unexpected gun blue hue to them in certain angles (LOVE the look) and the metal flakes pop in the sun.

Attachments

the duke

Looks good. I give it 20 miles before they're matte grey from brake dust...

<---- Team Dynamic Pro Race 3 in gunmetal with race pads.

Is misty lava the actual powder name or is it a blend name from your powder coaster? I’m taking my SVT 5 spokes in tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk