Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Tell us what you think! Vote on Fiesta ST Brake Ducts by Mishimoto!

Trader history for mishimoto (0)

Would you like to see Mishimoto develop Brake Ducts for the Fiesta ST?

• Absolutely! Why is this not already on my car!?

Votes: 110 90.2%
  • Not on this Fiesta!

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • meh. Doesn't make a difference to me.

Votes: 11 9.0%

• Total voters

mishimoto1

When it comes to the Fiesta ST we want to create the most well rounded offering of parts that we can. We are loving the feedback that we have received so far from the community in response to our R&D efforts and we want to keep it going!

With that said its poll time again! We have been paying attention to the forums and have noticed more than a few threads mentioning brake pad wearing more quickly on daily drivers as well as break fade and rapid wear on track cars. We have seen some great DIY brake ducts to direct more air to the hub area in attempts to cool these brakes down a bit. Providing the brakes with more cooling should help prevent brake fade and wear on the track as well as brake pad longevity for daily driven Fiestas.

We are up in the air as far as development of this product so let us know what you think! Would you like to see Mishimoto develop Brake Ducts for the Fiesta ST?

Yes! So long as the ducts do not impinge upon airflow through the upper or lower grilles. I would happily delete the foglights in exchange for cooler brakes.

KKaWing

Maybe a scoop on the control arm with a duct on the plastic air dam under the bumper to guide air on to the scoop. No ducts no zip ties... Basically that Ford did with the Mustang GT PP.

J2FoRS

Yes....but I'm sure there's a way to not have to delete the fogs..I'd be in if so.

OP
M

mishimoto1

Thread Starter #13
Yes! There's a nice bit of unused space in the fog light housing. ;)
I'd gladly trade my fogs for an affordable brake duct option.
Yes! So long as the ducts do not impinge upon airflow through the upper or lower grilles. I would happily delete the foglights in exchange for cooler brakes.
I'm down for a carbon fiber, keep the fog light duct.
Maybe a scoop on the control arm with a duct on the plastic air dam under the bumper to guide air on to the scoop. No ducts no zip ties... Basically that Ford did with the Mustang GT PP.
Sure i could redo mine :)
Yes....but I'm sure there's a way to not have to delete the fogs..I'd be in if so.
Thanks for the feedback guys! We thought this one may be a winner :) Of course if we decide to proceed with this project we will be sure to share our R&D similar to our other projects. If it is at all possible to save the fog lights during this project we will be sure to do so, but from what I am getting you all won't miss them too much if we can't.
Thanks again for your candid responses!
-Sara

koozy

3000 Post Club
Thanks for the feedback guys! We thought this one may be a winner :) Of course if we decide to proceed with this project we will be sure to share our R&D similar to our other projects. If it is at all possible to save the fog lights during this project we will be sure to do so, but from what I am getting you all won't miss them too much if we can't.
Thanks again for your candid responses!
-Sara
eh... for the record I'm not willing to give up the fog lights. I'd entertain other means, including upgrading to bigger brakes before getting rid of fog lights.

J2FoRS

eh... for the record I'm not willing to give up the fog lights. I'd entertain other means, including upgrading to bigger brakes before getting rid of fog lights.
This. I'd be out if lost the fogs.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
I saw this approach posted on another forum as to where brake ducts could be located....Not sure if who ever posted this is also a member here on our forum?

IMG_0019_zpshkjqrjuw.jpg

brake ducts.jpg

OP
M

mishimoto1

Thread Starter #19
This. I'd be out if lost the fogs.
I saw this approach posted on another forum as to where brake ducts could be located....Not sure if who ever posted this is also a member here on our forum?

View attachment 6856

View attachment 6858
That's a really neat idea ^
I would definitely be in with or without fog lights!
That DIY looks pretty awesome! We would certainly try to retain as much of the stock Fiesta as possible to accommodate those who still daily drive their STs. Still, from what you guys are saying this is certainly a modification worth looking into!
-Sara

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
That DIY looks pretty awesome! We would certainly try to retain as much of the stock Fiesta as possible to accommodate those who still daily drive their STs. Still, from what you guys are saying this is certainly a modification worth looking into!
-Sara
Maybe something that replaces that dam and looks/fits OEM so we wouldn't have to cut into anything...?