Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Tell us what you think! Vote on Fiesta ST Brake Ducts by Mishimoto!

Trader history for mishimoto (0)

Would you like to see Mishimoto develop Brake Ducts for the Fiesta ST?

• Absolutely! Why is this not already on my car!?

Votes: 110 90.2%
  • Not on this Fiesta!

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • meh. Doesn't make a difference to me.

Votes: 11 9.0%

• Total voters
OP
M

mishimoto1

Thread Starter #42
Most definitely needed for our cars but I vote to keep our fog lights
Thanks for the input! We are working to wrap up some current Fiesta ST projects, but this is still on our list to evaluate for the future.

-Sara

OP
M

mishimoto1

Thread Starter #44
Yes for sure we need to keep the fogs, hope these come out soon ;)
Thanks for the interest! This was just an idea that we were tossing around, so at this point we are still in the research stage. We will be sure to let you all know if we proceed with this project.

-Sara

I just noticed this thread. I am very interested as well. I was looking at the other solutions sold by members and other manufacturers for the fiesta and I found them all to be lacking. I am toying with fabricating my own, that puts air into the hub of the rotor but if you come up with something that is very functional I would rather not go through the fabrication process.

Fog light delete is fine with me. Whatever gets the most cool air pressure/flow.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what comes off this since our brakes need a serious cooling solution for those who take it to the track. I think the best solution who be a duct mounted to the control arm which funnels air directly into the center of the hub. Boomba made a 1/2 way decent stab at this but I don't see it really helping given their size and location. I'm thinking a 3d printed funnel with a thin scoop that runs the length of the control arm without hanging down far enough to catch on things while grabbing the most amount of air possible would be perfect. Do it right for us track guys please!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
M

mishimoto1

Thread Starter #47
I just noticed this thread. I am very interested as well. I was looking at the other solutions sold by members and other manufacturers for the fiesta and I found them all to be lacking. I am toying with fabricating my own, that puts air into the hub of the rotor but if you come up with something that is very functional I would rather not go through the fabrication process.

Fog light delete is fine with me. Whatever gets the most cool air pressure/flow.
I'm really looking forward to seeing what comes off this since our brakes need a serious cooling solution for those who take it to the track. I think the best solution who be a duct mounted to the control arm which funnels air directly into the center of the hub. Boomba made a 1/2 way decent stab at this but I don't see it really helping given their size and location. I'm thinking a 3d printed funnel with a thin scoop that runs the length of the control arm without hanging down far enough to catch on things while grabbing the most amount of air possible would be perfect. Do it right for us track guys please!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the feedback guys! We are certainly looking into this, we will be sure to post if we have any updates for you.

-Sara

Hey guys.

Here's my 2 cents. I would certainly think if a kit was developed, it would be well received. However, I think this should be a track only endeavor. In all of my years of idiotic street driving, i've never experienced proper fade as I would on track. That being said, starting with considering fog light replacement would be my idea. Loose the weight and complexity of those fogs and replace it with the aqua-ducting. The second important part would be to identify the best place to plumb the air directly at the caliper/rotor. Any of the directors/diverters I have not seen any decrease in brake temperature or increase in brake life. Moreover, creating a kit for a street car would promote a lot of debris to be more or less sandblasted directly onto your brakes. You could offer an optional screen, but then I think you would be straying off target.

I've built a bunch of brake ducting systems, even as far as using the frame rails in a corvette to direct the air to through!

This was a setup I built for a [edit] a ctsv sedan:

Just now catching this. I'd be in for some sort of functional solution for brake cooling. As others have said, the boomba solution is good for a street-type application, but us track rats will need something a little bit more involved. Fog lights or not, it's a needed modification for these cars as they see higher speeds on track. If something could be made to keep the fogs, like a new bezel that would retain the foglight(maybe move them if packaging is easier) that might make it an easier kit for most of the community to accept here.

Just my $.02.

Just now catching this. I'd be in for some sort of functional solution for brake cooling. As others have said, the boomba solution is good for a street-type application, but us track rats will need something a little bit more involved. Fog lights or not, it's a needed modification for these cars as they see higher speeds on track. If something could be made to keep the fogs, like a new bezel that would retain the foglight(maybe move them if packaging is easier) that might make it an easier kit for most of the community to accept here.

Just my $.02.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
3" brake ducts = yes

edit...I'd just like backing plates to accommodate my 3" ducts and (future) BBK.