Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Test n Tune March 27

Had a ton of fun this weekend at Woodburn Dragstrip in Oregon, I've been prepping for a while and ordering tons of stuff to get ready.

Finally had time to install everything Friday night and was up til almost 1 am making everything good to go.

Got to the track around 9 am and started swapping over to my slicks, then went and got teched in.

First pass had issues with the clutch in 3/4th gear, had to let out and ran a 13.7 @ 92, second pass had issues with the clutch and feathered it for a split second in 3rd and got back in it.

The second time sheet in the picture, the 12.5, I actually launched the car with Cobb launch settings set to 4750, it dead hooked and left.

Last pass I launched at the same rpm, but let the clutch out slightly faster. I lost 3 mph up top, felt like clutch was letting go at the top of 3rd and a little of 4th. Also forgot to take logs of all my runs to send to my tuner, it was pulling some timing in Cyl 3 and Cyl 1. Might be false knock though, had that issue already.

Car definitely has high 11's in it with a stronger clutch and harder launch + fixing the timing issues.

FB_IMG_1616896469825.jpg

FB_IMG_1616943074320.jpg Snapchat-2045193692.jpg

20210327_181332.jpg

Attachments

OP
L
Thread Starter #3
What are your thoughts on the 15" bbk? I've got the same kit but 16" en route.
Install is pretty easy, no instructions but it's not rocket science.

MAKE SURE YOU USE THE RIGHT BOLTS! I had like 4 baggies of bolts with mine, and I almost used the wrong length allen head bolts on my calipers.

So far so good, they stop just as hard as my stock brakes did with EBC yellows, stoptech rotors, and stainless lines, but they don't fade like those do. Pedal feel got better as well. I barely have to touch the pedal to stop fairly quickly, and modulating the pedal gives a lot of feel now in what the brakes do.