Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Thanks Mr. Hackett...(sarc) One more slice of ST goodness we are screwed out of...

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Let's just all face it....Us Americans don't mean SHIT to ferd! We are their birth place....but they won't ever listen to their enthusiasts. Im most likely done with ferd after this....and on to KIA...Hyundai or Honda.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

It's a corner they've willingly put themselves in to by continuously killing off vehicle lines that were good, but just needed some minor updates here and there. Even the Mustang is really languishing these days; they don't seem to see the obvious small tweaks it needs for the next generation. Just all confirming my usual assertion that Ford has put themselves here through 20 years of C level mismanagement.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
It's a corner they've willingly put themselves in to by continuously killing off vehicle lines that were good, but just needed some minor updates here and there. Even the Mustang is really languishing these days; they don't seem to see the obvious small tweaks it needs for the next generation. Just all confirming my usual assertion that Ford has put themselves here through 20 years of C level mismanagement.
Not necessarily.. They're making the right financial decision for the company by focusing on the vehicles that they sell more of, and at higher margins. Ford stock has been taking a dump for years and focusing solely on SUVs and trucks will likely go a long way to remedying that.

Not that it doesn't blow... But they don't make much money off of us.

Not necessarily.. They're making the right financial decision for the company by focusing on the vehicles that they sell more of, and at higher margins. Ford stock has been taking a dump for years and focusing solely on SUVs and trucks will likely go a long way to remedying that.

Not that it doesn't blow... But they don't make much money off of us.
It's their only choice now, but it didn't have to be. Plenty of other companies have kept their car models going by updating them continuously and offsetting the smaller margins with strong sales in Europe (basically the only reason VW can stay in the US market).

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Let's just all face it....Us Americans don't mean SHIT to ferd! We are their birth place....but they won't ever listen to their enthusiasts. Im most likely done with ferd after this....and on to KIA...Hyundai or Honda.

Ford is in business to make money for the stock holders. People did not buy the FIST in the USA. I applaud Ford for building a US model and working with Mountune to provide upgrades. I don't think very many people paid anywhere near sticker for one so the expected demand never came to be. Best guess is about 3500 a year is all that were sold. On the other hand they offer the #1 selling pick-up, the F-150 and sell one every 30 seconds per the internet data. 900,000 last year according to the data. That works out with FIST sales being only about .004% of truck sales alone, so 99.996 F-150's per FIST were sold. The Mustangs sold in 2017 were 99.957 per 1 FIST sold or .043% of mustang sale. This demonstrates just how small the FiST market was. What would you as a business spend your money on, making vehicles that sell at a much larger numbers and profit margins or a niche car that must be rebated and deep discounts to sell? They did listen to the enthusiasts, the part of the world still buying cars like the ST's will have them but US consumers spoke loud and clear, they did not want compact cars much less high performance compact cars, they want Trucks/SUV's. Car nuts like us will mourn the loss and cherish our FIST's. Those that didn't buy them have lost the opportunity to option a new one and buy it. It will help the resale market as most nice used ones will bring premium prices. One thing on the enthusiasts side is the Mustang will still be sold here and is the best selling sports car in the world. Ford makes money, lots of money on the Mustang. Sales are declining in the US like all so called "muscle" cars. On the other hand sales in the rest of the world are doing good. The EU can finally get a Mustang and they are buying them. I know the GT is not a FIST, we own both and both give us lots of SPG (Smiles per gallon) and are fun as hell to drive but very different cars. I prefer a small light performance car and have no clue what I would replace my FIST with if it was totaled tomorrow. We all know fools are lined up by the millions to buy the best selling pick-up truck, Mustang and SUV's as usual and it is like Deja vu of when the van was the "thing to own" days are back. SUV's will pass like all car fads. You have a great car in the ST and it can be modified to do what you want with it. Ford is not hating on you or me, they are trying to stay in business and supply the masses where the money is, not a small niche group like us. I wonder what Honda could do with the Fit and a 1.6L Turbo and handling changes? I would buy one to replace my FIST if I needed to. But would prefer a Ford.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The truck will pass as a 'fad' when the peckerwoods (who don't need them for work/job/etc.) cannot 'roll coal' anymore into the car cabins of those they deem 'less manly'/of a different 'worldview' than themselves, due to them having to buy ELECTRIC trucks in the future. [wink] LOL

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Definitely not trucks are only going to become more popular. I have a neighbor who is extremely lazy and is about worthless at everything he bought a brand new Chevy Silverado. I promise you politically he is not voting for who you think.

Most of the trucks on the road are gas not diesel.
People like what they like I'm not really into putting someone down or calling someone names because they choose to drive a truck.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Se7eN

i dunno I might just get a bronco you know 'cause reasons

Also just going to point out that VW only sells around 20-25k GTIs a year, and around 3k Golf Rs. By Ford's logic, neither is a big enough number to bother with. They don't make much money on either (they might even lose money on them in the US), but they know the importance of mindshare and maintaining the brand's presence in the segment. Plus they sell both in much larger numbers overseas. Lastly, how many GTI/R owners you think push sales in their volume sellers (Tiguan, Atlas, even the Jetta)? There's a reason to keep a foothold in a segment that's been around for decades, even if your accountants can't attach a direct RoI to it.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Definitely not trucks are only going to become more popular. I have a neighbor who is extremely lazy and is about worthless at everything he bought a brand new Chevy Silverado. I promise you politically he is not voting for who you think.

Most of the trucks on the road are gas not diesel.
People like what they like I'm not really into putting someone down or calling someone names because they choose to drive a truck.

Absolutely true about the gas vs. oil burner power in most trucks on the road. [thumb]

But around here, a big portion of the Hemi Rams, and other gas burner pickups have fairly loud exhausts on them, so, the electric power requirement WILL at least slow down their sales dramatically amongst the 'macho image posers' who do not need them for their utility.

But yeah, buy whatever TF you want.
But the effing coal rollers really must be prosecuted/fined heavily for their BS, regardless of their viewpoints, or any pejoratives leveled against them. [wink]

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Absolutely true about the gas vs. oil burner power in most trucks on the road. [thumb]

But around here, a big portion of the Hemi Rams, and other gas burner pickups have fairly loud exhausts on them, so, the electric power requirement WILL at least slow down their sales dramatically amongst the 'macho image posers' who do not need them for their utility.

But yeah, buy whatever TF you want.
But the effing coal rollers really must be prosecuted/fined heavily for their BS, regardless of their viewpoints. [wink]
Electric requirements that's not going to happen anytime soon. Honestly I don't think it will even happen in my lifetime we don't have the infrastructure to support it.
Tens of millions of Americans don't even have access to high-speed internet.

We can just agree to disagree.
Have a good night.

Last edited:
That "Edition" works out to over $35,000 converting the UK price to US dollars. For a 3 cylinder ford Fiesta. No, thank you. I thought my 2017 FiST was a great deal at under $20,000 with the $3K rebate Ford had to offer because they were not selling. But that new Mk8 is not a $35,000 car to me, even with the suspension upgrades and LSD.