Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

The 2018 Fiesta ST Is more fun than the RS now apparently!

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
I want those seats, steering wheel and wheels!

Does Copart operate in the UK?!

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
I want it all. Mostly the factory lsd. I hate Our horrible taste of cars in America. F ford of North America for
Only pushing trucks And suvs.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
https://jalopnik.com/the-ford-fiesta-st-sticks-around-for-2019-as-does-a-ch-1827258435
".........Senior Pricing Analyst Alex Bernstein also spotted the availability of a cheaper version of the ST called the Fiesta ST Line, which will basically give you the all the show of the hot-hatch ST without the go................................Fiesta ST Line will be available with a five-speed manual or automatic transmission, unlike that ST that is three-pedal only.........................."
Umm... what? [shameful]

Speaking of usability, it's missing two doors, but otherwise sounds delicious!
Reviewer says the previous version didn't have "driving modes" which isn't really the case. Previous had same thing, just had a different marketing name.

My Vision of the Americanized version:
Drops to 199 HP. (because, 1hp makes a big difference on insurance?)
Definitely looses Launch Control
Likely looses LSD
Color LCD Dash Info Display turns into Mono-Color, less info per screen
Interior will be (far) cheaper with less buttons and complexity.
Maybe looses DRL, LED and/or Projector Housings
Left Hand Drive... of course.

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
https://jalopnik.com/the-ford-fiesta-st-sticks-around-for-2019-as-does-a-ch-1827258435
".........Senior Pricing Analyst Alex Bernstein also spotted the availability of a cheaper version of the ST called the Fiesta ST Line, which will basically give you the all the show of the hot-hatch ST without the go................................Fiesta ST Line will be available with a five-speed manual or automatic transmission, unlike that ST that is three-pedal only.........................."
Umm... what? [shameful]

Speaking of usability, it's missing two doors, but otherwise sounds delicious!
Reviewer says the previous version didn't have "driving modes" which isn't really the case. Previous had same thing, just had a different marketing name.

My Vision of the Americanized version:
Drops to 199 HP. (because, 1hp makes a big difference on insurance?)
Definitely looses Launch Control
Likely looses LSD
Color LCD Dash Info Display turns into Mono-Color, less info per screen
Interior will be (far) cheaper with less buttons and complexity.
Maybe looses DRL, LED and/or Projector Housings
Left Hand Drive... of course.
You are incorrect about the drive modes. The new car adjusts throttle response, suspension and exhaust as well as traction control which is all the previous generation adjusted. Completely different.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Intuit

3000 Post Club
You are incorrect about the drive modes. The new car adjusts throttle response, suspension and exhaust as well as traction control which is all the previous generation adjusted. Completely different.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
It seems you're right. I missed the part about the "trick dampers", and was thinking it would have to have something as expensive as magnetic ride suspension; which I know it wouldn't have.
http://thechronicleherald.ca/wheels...-ride-control-variable-damping-air-suspension
I did see the part about throttle response but it merely sounds like a de-tune, just to tune it. Exhaust is probably just a byproduct of timing adjustments, rather than a physical change, such as a baffle or valve. But maybe they'll surprise me.

club968

To me theottle response and exhaust are more "gimmicky" than anything else. I have an RS, as well, that has these "driving" modes and suspension and traction control adjustments are the only noticeable things that seem to improve my performance during my (admittedly limited) track time.