Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

The Grand Tour - FiST, Polo GTI, Yaris GRMN

Intuit

3000 Post Club
https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/detail/B07KR8383J/

The video is only watchable if you have an Amazon Prime account.

Skip to ~26 minutes. Ends at ~64 minutes. (~38 minutes total)

Notice it's a dual door. Didn't know that the three cylinder, in addition to being, well, three cylinder, also employs a form of cylinder deactivation technology; knocking it down to just two cylinders when conditions are favorable. Also interesting, the Yaris employs a SuperCharger instead of a Turbo. Never see that with a small engine.

The Grand Tour is basically three United Kingdom personalities performing highly unscientific and often silly tests to light-heartedly review each vehicle. This is Season 3, Episode 10. In Episode 1, they visited Detroit. https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/detail/B07MCJJB5N/

pixelzombie

That was interesting to see the FiST keeping up with the more expensive VW, but once they went into the city, it got kind of boring.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I Love The Grand tour absolutely love it.
I loved top gear before the three original members left. Jeremy, Richard, and James together are heroes to me. Nothing ever in my opinion will be better than those three guys together.

Jeremy is what sold me on the Fiesta ST.
Richard definitely did too.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Jeremy is what sold me on the Fiesta ST.
Richard definitely did too.
Their high opinion of the FiST, along with some positive reinforcement from a mechanic friend that I respect a lot, were the main two factors that helped me get really interested in the car. I saved a quote from Richard about it-
"I've driven the ST version, the hot one, and it's simply superb."

In Top Gear's The Ultimate Road Trip special which just had Richard and Jeremy, Richard got it to drive a Fiesta ST plus a bunch of other cars, super cars Etc. When asked at the end of the show which he liked best he commented strongly on the Fiesta ST, sadly it lost out to the Ferrari F12 Berlianetta, I think.

http://www.bbcamerica.com/shows/top-gear/extras/perfect-road-trip-priciest-rides

Furthermore, Jeremy has articles on the web for the Fiesta ST and Fiesta ST 200. He loves them.

“I spend most of my life whizzing hither and thither in exotica made from platinum and rhodium and fitted with engines that roar and bellow and spit fire. And all I want on the way home is a Ford Fiesta ST.” - Jeremy Clarkson

OP
Intuit

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #10
......... ......... .. . . .............. . . . ................... “I spend most of my life whizzing hither and thither in exotica made from platinum and rhodium and fitted with engines that roar and bellow and spit fire. And all I want on the way home is a Ford Fiesta ST.” - Jeremy Clarkson
I don't blame him. It is certainly easier to keep your license that way. (also throws off the "paps" a.k.a. Paparazzi)