Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

The iJDMTOY fog lamps/ A New Dawn

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
OP
XR650R

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #2
I learned by doing, and I hope you learn from my experience.

First, ignore all the comments on installs on Amazon.

Polarity was correct, out of the box. I was able to install them by removing the headlights. I started out trying to get to them by taking off the fender liner, like all the how-to videos say to do it.

It's a cuss-worthy ordeal. I tore my forearms up doing it, but all you need is a T25 and a Phillips. If you have gorilla arms and big hands like I do, you will bleed.

OP
XR650R

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #3
I was driving home from this concert when I realized that what I thought was fake LSD was real LSD. https://www.kazoostate.com/event/littlefeat-2022/
Not mushrooms. LSD. Kids, these days.

I am a Dead Head. There are many levels of it, but I spent much of the 80's and some 90's enjoying the lifestyle.
I'm old, so take my advice: When you drive to a Little Feat concert, don't disbelieve those crusty young guys when they tell you it's blotter acid. I seriously didn't think they were telling the truth.

They were. There is at least one baby deer who is alive today because I had the fogs on yellow. My car is likewise unharmed.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
HA!

Did they do "Fat Man In The Bathtub"?? (I still miss Lowell [:(])

Son Volt had a 'Doug-Head' sticker on their setup (for Doug Sahm [wink]) at their show Friday night.
Whenever we hosted Pure Prairie League at our concert series, they always did a small Little Feat set near the end of the show. [thumb]

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
I bought mine from aliexpress. After less than a week, one light was stuck in white mode and of course I prefer the yellow mode... Chinesium at it's best. Shame because they're cool.

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
I bought mine from aliexpress. After less than a week, one light was stuck in white mode and of course I prefer the yellow mode... Chinesium at it's best. Shame because they're cool.
Did they give more throw or brightness when driving than the oem fogs?

OP
XR650R

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #9
I love them. We'll see if they last.

OP
XR650R

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #10
I saw those amazon reviews. Which way did you orient the adjustment screw?
They're a universal thing. I arranged the lights so that white was the "fog beam," and yellow was higher.

You can arrange the lights in the mount so that white is low, yellow is a bit higher, and the adjusting screws are on top.
I adjusted nothing, and they were pretty much on point.

Last edited:

dhminer

2000 Post Club
I was driving home from this concert when I realized that what I thought was fake LSD was real LSD. https://www.kazoostate.com/event/littlefeat-2022/
Not mushrooms. LSD. Kids, these days.

I am a Dead Head. There are many levels of it, but I spent much of the 80's and some 90's enjoying the lifestyle.
I'm old, so take my advice: When you drive to a Little Feat concert, don't disbelieve those crusty young guys when they tell you it's blotter acid. I seriously didn't think they were telling the truth.

They were. There is at least one baby deer who is alive today because I had the fogs on yellow. My car is likewise unharmed.
This might be my favorite post on this forum so far haha. I feel you.

Did they give more throw or brightness when driving than the oem fogs?
Oh yes, the white is a lot brighter!

And I forgot, the only modification I had to do was to snip the alignement tab on the connector because mine were definitely pinned backward as it did not light the first time I connected them. It was much easier to snip the tab than trying to unpin the connector. Anyway, this tab is not part of the locking clip so it was not a safety/electrical concern.

Last edited:

SrsBsns

I have these too and I think I made a thread about how impressed I was as well. These are great. The polarity WAS reversed on mine, but it's really very easy to swap. I've been using these for a year+ now and I'm still happy with them.

Sometimes, one will light up yellow and one will light up white. If I cycle the lights quickly, it will usually switch to match. That's my only complaint.

For the $, these are fantastic.

Not much of a poster on here, but I bought these months ago since the price was much easier to swing than any other led fog lights. These are pretty nice for the money. Install was a little tight from the top, but the pin out was fine and the my so out out a good bit of light. Just need to properly adjust them.