Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

The Most awesome Exhaust sounds......

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #3
Well I don't think anyone has done this yet* I could be wrong....I'll be recording My exhaust tomorrow in its full Glory of popping....crackling and maybe some Fireballs. Feel free to Submit a Video!
My microphone is missing.....and the "Child"/Step son that lives in my house used it last so I'm in search of a new one and my old one as he swears its in the house "Somewhere". Story of my life.....FML.

I’ve spent a lot of time going back and forth on whether or not to get an exhaust for this car. On the one hand, there’s absolutely no performance benefit outside of weight loss, which no manufacturer advertises, and they’re relatively costly for a system most would want to deal with on a daily basis. I have a hard time justifying a >$500 purchase without some sort of gain. On the other hand, most enthusiasts like to hear their engines, even if the 1-6 ecoboost doesn’t sound particularly great. Factor in that ‘good sounding’ is a very very opinionated topic and some people are fine with deafening drone while others are sensitive to it.

Being that I don’t think our engine sounds particularly good, especially uncorked, I’ve been perfectly happy with the factory muffler and resonator delete that I’m currently driving around with. I’m just subbed to watch people argue at this point [emoji897]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #5
Microphone is on the way! After days of "searching" by the Child that "borrowed/Lost" my setup. So just waiting for it to arrive so I can get this party started as planned!

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

I put a Cobb 2 1/2 inch catback on mine for two reasons.

1) I wanted to hear my engine without being obnoxious about it. The Cobb system fits this requirement perfectly.

2) My last daily driver was a 1986 Cutlass Supreme and it required a new catback every two years because that is what you get from an aftermarket mild steel exhaust. The Cobb system is 100% 304 Stainless Steel and will outlast the Fiesta body by 30 or 40 years. BTW, I suspect that the stock system is 409 Stainless but am certain the hangers are mild steel, so while the stock system will likely last 15 or 20 years it will also need to be "re-hung" in 6 to 8 years and I do keep my cars for a long while.

haste

1000 Post Club
Old vid here but I think it still sounds great. I've changed to the whoosh extrude honed trac-spec manifold. Next time I am at the mother-in-laws I plan on taking another vid for comparison.
Recorded with an HTC M8 windows phone. I still have the phone so I will be able to record the new video with the same device.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBPBUReY7VM

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Old vid here but I think it still sounds great. I've changed to the whoosh extrude honed trac-spec manifold. Next time I am at the mother-in-laws I plan on taking another vid for comparison.
Recorded with an HTC M8 windows phone. I still have the phone so I will be able to record the new video with the same device.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBPBUReY7VM
This video is what made me buy my cp-e.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
I've done a bunch of different exhaust systems.
Here's my custom stainless 3" with self-designed helmholtz
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DR7h7tjNTc4

Here's my MBRP (interior sound) comparing before/after adding a custom helmholtz resonator to it
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WZOnV4GDrQ

Here's internal with MBRP and 2j intake
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6avqpU761M

Currently I am back to just a resonator delete because I am getting old and loud exhaust gives me a headache.
I have.a whole rack of FiST exhausts in my garage lol - I should probably sell my custom helmholtz'd MBRP at some point... I don't plan on running it anymore. It's de-droned, but still too loud for my aging self.

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
I think the Thermal catback and TunePlus catback are the best sounding exhausts for our car.
I bought the cp-e right as thermal came out. Before the 3 inch adapters were an idea.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #15
Ok.. I know ...I know. I finally got my Microphone setup. I'm gonna try to video it tomorrow and see how well I can get it and maybe some fireballs! I've just been cranking out 16 hour days lately and have been tardy on this and waiting for my mic [emoji441].

I went the custom exhaust route. I got a whoosh catted downpipe, some cheapo straight through round muffler, and a thrush turbo muffler all connected with 2.5 inch pipe. I wanted something like stock but not quiet like stock.

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #17
I KNOW ...I KNOW ....This is my thread I have started and I have been tardy on my Recording. I have been working doubles during Covid19 and the Rioting here in Mpls and just wanna sleep when I get home @ 6a....Debating on doing it a night to see if there is actual fireballs.

Last edited:
OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #19
Well I'd like to use my Microphone the next time around. Got so excited I did one without it.

Here is the link.....this is my first EVER gopro video.

So if you don't like it ....Eat shit.

View: https://youtu.be/hwD_75gLrKI

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk