Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

The wettest track day I have ever done

I went to Luddenhame Raceway in Western Sydney late Feb 22.

When I booked it, the idea was to set a new PB and see how much difference a simple remap can do on track. My previous PB was a 58.720 with Mountunes MP215 map. I now have Revo stage 2. The extra torque in 2nd gear coming out of hairpins pebding traction is where I will gain quite a bit of time as well as 3rd gear up the straight.

Setting PB's wasn't to be. It had poured rain all week and on the day. Currently, we have devastating floods in Western Sydney for the 2nd year in a row (supposedly a 1 in 100 year event). As you can see from the pic and the video...... the track wqs also flooded in parts.

Props to the venue for running the day anyway. Out of a sold out eventof 50+ cars..... 45 rescheduled leaving just 8 cars in attendance, 3 in my group.

Everyone was sensible, everyone gave room, no incidenta happened and it was a great learning experience.

The Yokohama AD08r tyres had exactly zero heat in them so although the limit of performance was way down, that limit was still very predictable. Straight line braking was still good. Lots of wheel spin at throttle and quite a bit of understeer out of corners but my throttle response improved as the day went on manage it.

Enjoy the video

View: https://youtu.be/ZNtbnlbpDpE

Attachments