Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

The X-57RS is out

Wow that was unexpected. Pumaspeed themselves havent even officially released the x57 series yet. I wonder if this is like a preorder or if turbos are ready to ship , "finally arrived" sounds like they are good to go... I have been waiting on this turbo for a while and have allready cashed out for the x47R but I dont have aux fuel , big brakes, meth injection and many mods I wanna do before hitting crazy numbers like that yet. So I'll have fun with my x47 before this or s280 , let's see how they pair up should be a good comparison.

OP
J

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #3
So I'll have fun with my x47 before this or s280 , let's see how they pair up should be a good comparison.
Yeah, it's a lot more than the S280; it's firmly in GTX2860 Gen 2 price territory. I wonder if one of the lessor X-57's would be a better comparison to the S280 in terms of spool and airflow mass. I'm in the middle of my X-47R tune (taking a lot longer than I thought it would) so Imma stick with it for the summer and sniff around next spring to see where the bigger-than-the-X-47 market has landed. I think that I'm going to land on the S280 or one of the X-57's on one of Ron's extrude hone-ed manifold.

I think that I'm going to land on the S280 or one of the X-57's on one of Ron's extrude hone-ed manifold.
Same thoughts here , i ported my manifold so let's see if that shows a good improvement ( or a noticable difference from others ) when i install the x47r , but Ron's manifold "mod" sure seem nice, i just didn't like how he said it would be much more than pumaspeed's ported manifold which brings me to the conclusion that it will be at least around $300 or more , and i think it goes against the whoosh ideology of value. But it's totally understandable given the process isn't cheap. For $300 or over though i personally would just cash out for a tubular manifold with one of those larger turbos. Either way I decided to stay away from the gtx stuff or at least the ATP kit because of all the adapters and the crappy fitment, friend here is having issues with his atp 2867 kit and really made me forget about that option. Everything on my car so far is stock fitment and reversible. Anything bigger than X47R would definitely need an aux kit and possibly an engine build so I'm not ready for that type of commitment yet, and as i mentioned have much more "supporting mods" to do before the car is ready to handle that . I would want at least lsd , big brakes and meth kit for anything over 300hp. I sure wish cp-e didn't abandon their cast mani, good thing is PRL offers the flange now so I might have a buddy whip something up for me if I'm not impressed by my ghetto port job XD

Woods247

2000 Post Club
It appears the only tuning option is his as well. Is that how you guys interpret it?

It appears the only tuning option is his as well. Is that how you guys interpret it?
Yep, nothing against him but Brian from JST is my favorite tuner that i have ever worked with on any platform and I'm super happy with him so far so i wouldn't want to take a chance with anyone else.
I can find two reasons that might lead to his decision. 1 - He simply wants to keep the tuning business to himself " for profit" and maybe put his name out there ( kind of like spreading the word for his tuning.)
2- The turbo's have certain characteristics that needs a characterized tune or maybe a downfall that needs to be tuned out , kind of like the revo turbo.
I'm leaning against my first guesstimate. But it might be neither , who knows. Either way Tim is a cool dude that really likes the platform himself and I'm sure the turbo will turn out to be successful just like all the other puma offerings.

OP
J

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #7
good thing is PRL offers the flange now so I might have a buddy whip something up for me if I'm not impressed by my ghetto port job XD
Puma does a full tubular for < $800. I've watched a *really* good fabricator turn a header kit into real headers and it was no walk in the park.