Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

These FiST's are a hot commodity

Holly crap I was interested in two local used FiST cars and both have been sold within a day of me posting about it on these forums...Just to relieve my frustration I took a trip to my local automall to test drive this beast....Man that clutch takeup is firm and high.
Oh asking price was 36,300

HARD TO DRIVE A FAST CAR SLOW!

2020 Perf Pack 1 manual 6 speed
IMG_6985.JPG

Uh, that's a Mustang, not a FiST. Just to make things clear Fiesta ST is a FiST. Our sweet little rides cost about 1/2 that of a Mustang and offers about 90% of the performance. I'll also note that our sweet little ride can get well over 30 mpg if you mind the gas pedal.

OP
N
Thread Starter #3
Sorry bro what I ment was I was interested in looking at and buying a used Fiesta ST until they were sold so I took my frustrations out on the Stang
Okie dokie

I'll find mine one day..FiST that is
Thanks for talking me off that 5.0 ledge.

Last edited:

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
It is interesting when they were new you could get them at great discounts. When I bought mine there were three just sitting on the lot at a small Ford dealership. The availability was great now people are buying these cars used for about what they cost new.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

I started my FiST quest by looking for used ones. Found out quickly that a used Fist that has been well maintained with mileage appropriate for the year will typically sell for it's original window sticker price or just a bit more. Basically take care of them and they don't depreciate unless you are a sucker and trade it in. As a result I stopped looking for used and bought a new 2019 Fiesta ST. At purchase Ford was offering a 3000 dollar "incentive" so I drove out the door with 19,500 paid.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Local dealers are all about the SUVs and larger sedans. Had a tough time getting my ST. (there is one I completely missed that I think would've fetched it) Someone showing up asking for a small performance car almost seemed to offend some of them. But then again, maybe they weren't familiar with the ST versus the standard Fiesta. (the one with the infamous powershift auto-trans)

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I owe about 8k on my 2016 and still see them regularly selling for 13-15k with similar mileage. Who woulda thunk it? I was tempted to trade it towards an RS and use the equity as a down but naaah. But it's clear to me that hot hatches are now a rarity and therefore holding values. I see the same thing happening with my old playmates the GenPu Speed3 and MkIV R32. Even 08 WRX hatches (remember those) are a rare and pricey used car. If you have a FiST, hold onto it! Hot hatches are a dying breed in this country and used prices are definitely reflecting that...

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Local dealers are all about the SUVs and larger sedans. Had a tough time getting my ST. (there is one I completely missed that I think would've fetched it) Someone showing up asking for a small performance car almost seemed to offend some of them. But then again, maybe they weren't familiar with the ST versus the standard Fiesta. (the one with the infamous powershift auto-trans)
The dealer I bought mine at kept trying to push me into a FoST, which frankly, when I first was considering STs, I had thought that I wanted due to the greater power, 5 lug wheels, and fully indy rear suspension, until I really read up on the FiST, and realized just how much more COMPACT our cars are, and just how much more 'tossable' the FiST would be. [wink] [thumb]

Nowadays, like all of the rest, they ONLY push road tank SUVs and trucks, despite having a GT500R sitting in their showroom. [:(]

Intuit

3000 Post Club
The dealer I bought mine at kept trying to push me into a FoST, which frankly, when I first was considering STs, I had thought that I wanted due to the greater power, 5 lug wheels, and fully indy rear suspension, until I really read up on the FiST, and realized just how much more COMPACT our cars are, and just how much more 'tossable' the FiST would be. [wink] [thumb]

Nowadays, like all of the rest, they ONLY push road tank SUVs and trucks, despite having a GT500R sitting in their showroom. [:(]
Yeah one of them tried to push a FoST on me too. That only one I test drove, (knowing I wouldn't buy it regardless,) had flat-spotted tires and a lope-ing engine. (probably old fuel) What I eventually realized is, the dealerships only wanted to sell what was already on the lot.

Dpro

6000 Post Club

Ya the first dealer I went to were I first drove a FoST and they wanted to sell me that but the minute I test drove a FiST after the FoST the salesman swtiched gears. They were not moving FiST’s regardless I did not buy from them and I noticed at the time all the certified pre owned were only a few k off the price I got mine for new. Even if I had talked them down another 1-2k 4 less for a car with around 20k from 15 vs a new 18 exactly with what I wanted. Ya new deals were to be had . I have also noticed around a year ago used were selling for cheaper than they are now. There has been a rebound in pricing on 16’s and up.

Oh and ya very much so most dealers only wanted to sell what was on the lot at the time. It was very much they avoided ordering at all costs. Thats why I walked on trying to get a deal at Galpin and they had like 10-15 FiST’s lol.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
I owe about 8k on my 2016 and still see them regularly selling for 13-15k with similar mileage. Who woulda thunk it? I was tempted to trade it towards an RS and use the equity as a down but naaah. But it's clear to me that hot hatches are now a rarity and therefore holding values. I see the same thing happening with my old playmates the GenPu Speed3 and MkIV R32. Even 08 WRX hatches (remember those) are a rare and pricey used car. If you have a FiST, hold onto it! Hot hatches are a dying breed in this country and used prices are definitely reflecting that...
It makes me think of other vehicles that are like that. Jeep Wranglers, for example. I can't believe what they ask for them, even really old high mileage ones. But the fact is, there are people who really want them, so there's an admission price to join the club. My motorcycle is the same way: Suzuki DR650. Mine's a 2009, which is identical to a 2021, before the numerous mods done to it, and I can sell it for more than what I paid for it, easy. They appear on craigslist and vanish just as fast, while KLR 650s sit for weeks. Old Subaru Brats (I also once had one of those) are going up, too.

Add in the current economic situation, and used cars are just more realistic for most people than new ones. That keeps the values up, too.

My last car before I bought my fiesta st new was a gt500 I built and dumped tons of money into, it had so much power it was really stupid to drive on the streets to be honest... Having 25-60mph speed limits with a car with massive horsepower is the most depressing thing to experience and you cannot understand it until you do it. Plus it had kooks longtubes and a big whipple and you could hear it coming miles away... Total cop magnet. Very intense car and delivered an unexplainable feeling at full throttle, but laws prevent legal enjoyment.

The little fiesta st are really fun in stock form and offer a great deal of enjoyment as a daily. Still has plenty of power to get tickets in, ask me how I know... I have no intentions of selling mine, road tripped all over in it and it now has 20k miles. She is quite the special little thing.

Same here. I have made the mistake of selling a “hard-to-acquire/rare” car and ill never make that god dam mistake again! Holding onto the fiesta is a solid move, who knows maybe one day ill raise the suspension back up and go rallying. For now, its all about a low CoG and a s280 turbski :)

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Funny thing is these dealers know it. I got an email last week from my dealer saying my car is worth $8300!!!.............YA OK.........My car, with my mileage and recaros is selling for 13-15k right now. They trying to rob mofo's.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Sadly, this possibly anticipated by them, new found demand still was not enough for Ford to keep this (or ANY, as I don't give the gas powered stangs very long with their 'must move a trillion of them' attitude) car going in it's lineup. [:(]

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I can't wrap my head around it. I would have bought the new one and gave mine to one of my kids or wife. There's a market for these. Just import 5000. We'll devour them in 2 years or less...They've proven themselves to be reliable, cheap to run, and great to drive. Noting else comes close right now...on this side of the pond. Polo R anyone?

Last edited: