Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Things that you see in LA that make you pause.

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
Still better than Europe I guess...

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Still better than Europe I guess...

Yeah but a lot of their commutes are either really short or there's reasonable public transit.

It's funny, when gas prices dip, everyone goes out and buys large fuel gulping vehicles - then summer comes, prices go back up and "waaaaaah gas prices my car only gets 15 mpg". Most people are too dumb for their own good, as they'll repeat the same mistakes over and over for years. They need to embrace kaizen.

OP
koozy

koozy

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
That station has been there for decades. I've occasionally passed by over the last 4 decades, but have never stopped to buy fuel.

What makes me pause is that there are actually people who fill up there without batting an eye, otherwise the station would have closed long ago. This station is well known for its higher than average prices. News venues always pick this spot when covering fuel price hikes.

I often wonder what their reality must be like, to live in financial abundance where one doesn't bother to go near by and pay less. I'm not sure if it's smart or dumb from their perspective. Time is money, and money can always be made...

Where I fill up, lol. And they have e85 [emoji106]

Last edited:

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
When I drove my e46, I just sucked it up and tried not to look at prices for premium. I didn't pay out the nose either, but a few cents weren't enough of a deterrent.

Now with the FiST I try to fill up at Costco since their prices tend to be lower AND I paid for a membership.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
When I drove my e46, I just sucked it up and tried not to look at prices for premium. I didn't pay out the nose either, but a few cents weren't enough of a deterrent.

Now with the FiST I try to fill up at Costco since their prices tend to be lower AND I paid for a membership.

don't lie you got the membership for steaks and cheap booze lol

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
I was driving a Geo Metro last time gas got up to $5.00 in California.
Everyone's SUV was for sale. They couldn't give them away.
A couple people walked up to me and wanted to buy my car.
It wasn't for sale.

OP
koozy

koozy

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #12
Sometimes you just need to stop and stare at the clouds....

I admit that I am a product of my environment sometimes and have become desensitized, but I know I'm not alone; and sometimes I find that reality sad.