Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Things You didn't like about FiST

Hi Guys!
Which are the things You didn't like about the ST,since the first ride?
I love FiST, but there have been only two things I didn't like about this wonderful car:
-The 1st gear shortness
-Too soft and high suspensions.
About the suspensions, I've turned into a first solution buying an Eibach springs kit gaining good results. Next step will be changing all the suspensions with professional shock absorbers.
About the gear, things run more complexed….[???:)][scratch]

- 1st gear shortness
- lock/unlock button only in center console - anyone in the back can only get out when I say so hahaha
- my right knee rubs up against the plastic part, left of the shifter/AC controls and gets annoying at times
- everytime I turn on the car, it automatically plays AM 600 (I often listen to music via USB thumb drive)
- can't manually control the interior lights, you have to lock the car to get them to shut off once you turn the engine off

fuck it tho I still love driving it... only reason I bought it cuz we all know out interiors are basic af

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
No 3 door option in the US/NA

No factory installed limited slip option

I would say no AWD, but no one got this anywhere (and yes, it is changing the whole layout/structure of the car, and yeah, adding weight), unless you had an R5 or above level rally car built (and of course I will get A LOT of shit on here for even wanting any power to the rear wheels as well, LOL).

But the basic car has been all but flawless for me so far, as I ONLY have the 'squeaky' clutch pivot in the heat, and the passenger side sill skirt that REFUSES to stay on the front fender (even after the dealer 'fixed' it!) as my singular 'problems', with NONE of the other maladies which seem to plague everyone else on here. [dunno]

Jerickson88

The door lock button. What the hell is up with that? Center console? Needs auto lock/unlock feature, but I guess that’s being a little over the top.

Since it has an exterior lock/unlock button I wish it had the driver/passenger/lock all instead of the driver/lock function.

The base ST seats are chintzy.. it’s the performance model, why even bother with an upgraded model? Couldn’t they all have had Recaros? Leave the special coloring as an option.

No factory splash guards.

No factory boost gauge (just a dummy gauge, like the FoST)

koozy

3000 Post Club
The door lock button. What the hell is up with that? Center console? Needs auto lock/unlock feature, but I guess that’s being a little over the top.

Since it has an exterior lock/unlock button I wish it had the driver/passenger/lock all instead of the driver/lock function.

The base ST seats are chintzy.. it’s the performance model, why even bother with an upgraded model? Couldn’t they all have had Recaros? Leave the special coloring as an option.

No factory splash guards.

No factory boost gauge (just a dummy gauge, like the FoST)

- Needs auto lock/unlock feature (it has this, you may need to turn on the feature, refer to owners manual).

- Since it has an exterior lock/unlock button I wish it had the driver/passenger/lock all instead of the driver/lock function. (it will lock or unlock all doors, you may need to reprogram the feature, refer to owners manual).

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Absurdly cheap paint. Within 4k miles after purchase there was a big paintless ring around the drivers side unlock button.
Lack of one-touch window on the passenger side.
So many creaks and rattles. I expected it with a fiat (and there really weren't any) and not with a ford (there are tons).
Lack of LSD.
Ridiculously bad stock intercooler.
Inability to disable Sirius XM (actually, how about a settings menu that allows you to enable/disable inputs? Just remove am and sirius woooo!)

OP
TheSixtyFive
Thread Starter #13
Old turbo, so it drops boost and I guess this was so it wouldn't compete with the focus st
I'm agree with You..I would like to change it (Borg Warner kp39) with a Garrett T3.
Garrett turbo T3 was installed, as first stock equipment, in Lancia Delta Integrale. [wink]

OP
TheSixtyFive
Thread Starter #14
Absurdly cheap paint. Within 4k miles after purchase there was a big paintless ring around the drivers side unlock button.
Lack of one-touch window on the passenger side.
So many creaks and rattles. I expected it with a fiat (and there really weren't any) and not with a ford (there are tons).
Lack of LSD.
Ridiculously bad stock intercooler.
Inability to disable Sirius XM (actually, how about a settings menu that allows you to enable/disable inputs? Just remove am and sirius woooo!)
I had the same lack problem, in a..Fiat! I remember that stupid milky white (not my favorite choco bar[:D]) loosing brightness after only one year..[???:)]..My girlfriend bought a Fiat Punto Sport, with the same engine of the Abarth, but with 120 cv. The most ridiculous thing was, when she washed it, the white water drop..[???:)]..after being dried, the lack appeared in a matt shade[scratch]

- everytime I turn on the car, it automatically plays AM 600 (I often listen to music via USB thumb drive)
- can't manually control the interior lights, you have to lock the car to get them to shut off once you turn the engine off
Works perfect for me, USB is always starting where I left it. It's on MFT (2014 model), maybe Sync3 is different. And you can shut the interior lights, but only if you have the moonroof because the overhead controller is different and includes the switch for the interior lights.

For me, the shit paint on this car is really bothering me. Pretty much everything is totally fine for me, the car is cheap for a reason and can live with it, but the goddamn paint... The fact that the rear bumper is too tight on the quarter panel, which rubs the paint is also an issue. I'm planning to buy a new one just for the damn paint (also have the actual color I wanted at first) and protecting it properly from day one.

I guess some more gauges like the FoST would have been nice, but I got my AP for that, so meh.

OH NO, I juste remembered something else: shit tire size and wheel bolt pattern. What the fuck were they thinking? There's almost nothing in wheels for the FiST and tires are fairly uncommon. They seems to have learned for tire size with the new model though, wheel is still a problem.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Yep. Cheap paint. No squeaks or rattles so far @10,000. Feels solid.

Clutch spring squeaks, but I haven't been bothered enough by it to fix it.

If they'd offered a better sound system, I'd have bought it.

Lack of LSD.
An LSD would have been awesome (especially since the new gen gets one), but damn the creaks and rattles bug me.

This was my first Ford, and I'm gonna keep mine for several more years, but I doubt my next car will be another Ford.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I don't get all of the "squeaks and rattles" complaints, since mine is dead quiet as far as that is concerned (and I run MUCH higher tire pressures than most on the street, even on the factory 40 series 17s) but I only have about 12K miles on mine, and it is on the factory suspension, and not a stiffer aftermarket setup.

Everyone with this problem; was it right from the get go, off the dealer's lot NEW, or did it start @25K miles, or whenever?? [dunno]

(Maybe I got a 'Wednesday build' car? LOL)