Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Think Ford messed up with all the changes? Read this...

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
You must be bored. Always trying to irritate somebody aren't you.

I don't find that impressive at all. I have a list of stocks in my portfolio that dominate that number.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

OP
jmrtsus

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
You must be bored. Always trying to irritate somebody aren't you.

I don't find that impressive at all. I have a list of stocks in my portfolio that dominate that number.

Why would Ford doing well irritate you? Strange. You don't have to read my posts, there is an ignore button. I have several people on ignore. Good for you on your investments, however, you must be a multi-millionaire with a "list of stocks that dominate" a 150% profit. I'm sure others on the Forum would love to know about your "list" for their own investment purposes. You made the claim, and it is easy to prove and help us all out. Show us you are the new wolf of wall street. Print out a statement from your broker showing all these stocks you own that "dominate" over a 150% annual return in the past year. Simply black out your personal info. We'll wait for the proof but I bet what we will see is excuses. That may irritate us, LOL!

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Any Cruise line or airline stock bought during the downturn is a easy 150%.

Many stocks crashed and burned in early 2020 mostly entertainment stocks and they shot right back up some even higher than they were before the downturn which doesn't make any sense but whatever.

Wolf of Wall Street level of investors easily made well over a thousand percent if not more during the last year in certain stocks.

Many if not most stocks are incredibly overvalued. I would not recommend anybody to buy a cruise line or airline stock right now. When they were bottomed out they were good, but they are not bottomed out anymore.

Us millennials are a little smarter than you old farts give us credit for. We saw our parents get screwed over and we know why so we're playing the same game. Sorry you are not capable of understanding of buying stocks at incredibly low values.

I will give a few examples to give people confidence these are my play money stocks what I do for fun. Not my retirement accounts those are all Roth accounts and they are low cost index funds. Do not gamble your retirement.

Now what you see below are two examples of play money stocks. Spirit airlines that I made over 200% on, and an example of what I bought carnival at and what it is valued at today and of course I still have it.
All of my cruise line and airline stocks have giving me over 100% some over 200% as you can see in the picture below. Now we're probably going to see a travel boom this summer what do you think is going to happen to those prices? Some of my returns would actually be higher than what they are if it was not for me selling them for a profit and then buying them again when they crashed. I would actually have some 300% returns if not for that. But because I sold them for a profit and bought them when the price dropped I was able to actually position myself to overall have more shares.

The absolute best investment I did was livongo. They are now owned by teladoc.
My biggest regret was six flags I bought it for about $12 it's now at $50. I sold it way too soon I didn't believe in six flags to me it was a washed up amusement park company I was wrong.

Ford stock was bottomed out I remember reading a lot about it some people believed Ford was going to become a penny stock. It was definitely a risk and you absolutely could have made money on it so 150% on a stock that was dying and had a 150% increase in a stock market that is overvalued is not difficult. If you actually read the full report on the Ford stock you would read that it is probably not going to increase much more if any. Actually it is forecast is to be priced lower than it is now.

Last edited:
Uhh, that’s hardly an accomplishment because that’s about when everything crashed around that time last year. For comparison, $1000 of GM from that time would be about $3400

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Uhh, that’s hardly an accomplishment because that’s about when everything crashed around that time last year. For comparison, $1000 of GM from that time would be about $3400
Absolutely it was extremely easy to make money in the last year. The last year has been a great learning experience and has given me even more confidence to do better the next time we have a huge market crash.

OP
jmrtsus

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #8
Thanks for your input but the point of the post was Ford's recovery and how good that was since the car market is so depressed, down to 1/2 the cars sold since the peak year of 1986 in 2018.....pre Covid, even lower now. But your investment advice is welcome as young investors are able to do this. I made most of my investment money in options, years ago, win some lose some but I won more than I lost. I'm not sure with the rate the cruise ships are being scrapped just what the longer term will be like. The billion dollar cost and time involved of replacing a larger ship will require massive re-investments after a year or two of no income. Could be years to replace them so I wouldn't stay in for long.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
You cant drive stonks.

I really don't care if ferd is doing "well" if they don't have a damn thing I'm interested in owning.

Telsa is "doing well" too. But again they make hot garbage in the looks and quality department and then charge double.

Again. Doesnt make anything i want. Dont really care.

Want the new FiST they sell in Europe. Ford abandoned the fun to drive small turbo hatch market here, so Hyundai or Kia will get my money in the future if I decide to go a little more upscale. I love my car, even with all the little squeeks and blend door clicking lol.