Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Thinking of selling your FiST?

Try Carvana! Much thanks to LatebrakeU2 and others for the suggestion. They gave $969 less than I paid for the car OTD brand new in 2017! I buy and sell a lot of motorcycles the old-fashioned way (people coming to look, haggling, cash transactions, etc.), and I can't believe how easy that was. Just click a few buttons and BAM, money in the bank.. I did wash it and vacuum it out good before the appointment, but I should not have bothered as they barely looked at it. I liked my FiST but I did not love it like my previous Miata, and I had pretty much resigned myself to keeping the car forever because I didn't want to take the loss on the resale. This sure made it easy to get out with enough funds for a couple of nice Miatas!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Try Carvana! Much thanks to LatebrakeU2 and others for the suggestion. They gave $969 less than I paid for the car OTD brand new in 2017! I buy and sell a lot of motorcycles the old-fashioned way (people coming to look, haggling, cash transactions, etc.), and I can't believe how easy that was. Just click a few buttons and BAM, money in the bank.. I did wash it and vacuum it out good before the appointment, but I should not have bothered as they barely looked at it. I liked my FiST but I did not love it like my previous Miata, and I had pretty much resigned myself to keeping the car forever because I didn't want to take the loss on the resale. This sure made it easy to get out with enough funds for a couple of nice Miatas!
You will be back.....they always come back. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Nice. I’m contemplating, unfortunately, selling my FiST through Carvana. What did they actually do when they arrived to inspect it since you said they barely looked at it? And how long did the process take once they showed up to pay you and tow it away?

Nice. I’m contemplating, unfortunately, selling my FiST through Carvana. What did they actually do when they arrived to inspect it since you said they barely looked at it? And how long did the process take once they showed up to pay you and tow it away?
I sold a '18 Focus SE to them 2 months ago and was one of the primary ones who recommended it to OP. You do everything online and I never even talked to anyone except the guy who showed up to pick it up. He interfaced with me for maybe 3 minutes and did a very quick check on the car...maybe 20 seconds worth to make sure there was nothing glaring and validate no warning lights came on. I BS'd with him a little after that but the whole process COULD NOT have been easier at all. I am still blown away to have gotten as much as I did and for as easy. If all used car sales can be like this, I'll never trade in (unless there's good tax benefit) or sell private party again.

OP
R
Thread Starter #5
Yes, it was all pretty seamless, and I am still kind of shocked at how much they gave me for the car. The woman that came to purchase my car did not even know how to start it, let alone drive a car with a manual. She casually looked it over and took some pictures (and maybe someone was live-checking them???), and had me sign some prepared papers. I immediately received an email saying the payment was processing, and the full balance was in my bank account overnight. The only inconvenience is that the car (their car) is still sitting in my driveway 32 hours later as they have not picked it up yet. I texted them and they said they are running behind on pickups, and the person texting me made it clear that I was in no way responsible for the car or anything that happens to it (a few years back my Honda Accord was stolen from the very same driveway). This was SO much better than trying to sell the car myself.

Yes, it was all pretty seamless, and I am still kind of shocked at how much they gave me for the car. The woman that came to purchase my car did not even know how to start it, let alone drive a car with a manual. She casually looked it over and took some pictures (and maybe someone was live-checking them???), and had me sign some prepared papers. I immediately received an email saying the payment was processing, and the full balance was in my bank account overnight. The only inconvenience is that the car (their car) is still sitting in my driveway 32 hours later as they have not picked it up yet. I texted them and they said they are running behind on pickups, and the person texting me made it clear that I was in no way responsible for the car or anything that happens to it (a few years back my Honda Accord was stolen from the very same driveway). This was SO much better than trying to sell the car myself.

What were the specs on yours and how much did they give you?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
HA! maybe they are having a hard time finding any flat bed drivers who CAN drive a manual? LOL

My car only had navigation. Standard seats and no sunroof. 24K miles. They paid me $969 dollars less that the TOTAL OTD (tax, title, tag,yada yada) price I paid brand new in November of 2017.
That is insane. Great for you. 24k miles covered and it cost you fuel, maintenance, and $969. That doesn't happen often.

Just think, when you’re buying a used car from them how good was that inspected? 🤔
Good point. I wondered the same thing too after selling and subsequently buying a car from them. I do think their post sale inspection process is legit though. My Carvana-purchased 2017 Fiesta ST has been flawless so far.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Just think, when you’re buying a used car from them how good was that inspected? [emoji848]
All about market share they are willing to spend money to generate market share they will worry about a profit later.
CarMax does the same thing they check it out later. If it meets a standard they sell it if not they auction It off. Remember with those type of services you can always give them the car back.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

OP
R
Thread Starter #13
Just an update: It's one week after the money was deposited in my account, and the car is STILL sitting in my driveway. I'm not having any luck getting something concrete on when they will take it.

Congrats on the sale. It seems like right now is the BEST time to SELL a car/not sure about buying a car haha. Carvana and Carmax are both paying quite a bit over. I know I was torn on selling my Z to them bc they were offering me quite a bit which I know I will never see once the market stabilizes. The only issue is that the cars I want are going for a premium so whatever savings I get on the sell - I lose on the buy. Regardless - congrats on getting a great price. You might have already mentioned it - but have you thought about just dropping the vehicle off yourself and having a friend/family pick you up - bc that would annoy me as well having a vehicle that isn't mine/but responsible for sitting in my driveway.

Congrats on the sale. It seems like right now is the BEST time to SELL a car/not sure about buying a car haha. Carvana and Carmax are both paying quite a bit over. I know I was torn on selling my Z to them bc they were offering me quite a bit which I know I will never see once the market stabilizes.
Good points but I'd like to add that with hyper inflation almost for sure around the corner thanks to Biden's handlers, even when the market stabilizes, your extra money today will probably buy you even less tomorrow.