Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

This doesnt look promising

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Welcome to earnings season 2020. It's about to get a whole lot worse across the board.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
To hell with them. I can write you a list a mile long of all of the things Ford did and never fixed.

Let's see spark plugs that blow out of engines, spark plugs that break in engines, massive diesel engine failure, and the DCT transmission that has cost them billions of dollars. Their own engineers told them not to go through with it their lawyers told them the same about the transmission and they did it anyway. Not only did they do it they continued to sell that transmission for 7 model years. If anybody wants to argue about the DCT transmission please read all of the articles written by the Detroit Free press they are very long and detailed.

So yeah. Oh I forgot the paint likes to rust off the Fiesta ST.
The only people I care about are the employees. I don't care about the CEO or anybody that's on the board though because they are morons.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Welcome to earnings season 2020. It's about to get a whole lot worse across the board.
You're right about that. We just had a grocery store chain close up all 50 of its stores where I live. This chain just renovated one of its main stores for millions of dollars, and on top of it just built a brand new store that's been open for like six months. Went out of business overnight.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
With enough interest on the loan to pay for two of them over 84 months because people are that dumb.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #8
Definitely a huge mistake. We were 200% ready to get the new mk8 fiesta st and new focus st.

If Ford is determined to "dump cars", why develop a Mustang inspired crossover SUV?
Nobody in the Mustang fan base is sitting alone in the dark, rubbing themselves in anticipation of that one! It is the most literal example of an answer to a question that nobody has asked.
I would think that a plug in F150 or Explorer would be a more rational effort. Especially the F150. Given that God only knows what overall investment was put into manufacturing that one's body in aluminum ,including the cargo box! That is a capital investment in lightweighting that is more inline with electrification (IE; less weight= more potential range)
If Ford were serious or sane the next Gen F150 Lightning would be the world's first, high performance plug in electric pick-up. There you go Ford,The Holy Trinity! A high profit sub brand of a top selling nameplate, built in limited numbers and distributed to the dealership network that is most capable of being competently trained and equipped to service it.

Don't anyone hold your breath waiting for me to post an image of the check! When that one came to my mind I had the image of an Electric F150 pacing the Indy 500 and actually exiting the oval at near race velocity. Electric motors can deliver all kinds of torque, for at least a brief time.

Last edited:

Dpro

6000 Post Club
If Ford is determined to "dump cars", why develop a Mustang inspired crossover SUV?
Nobody in the Mustang fan base is sitting alone in the dark, rubbing themselves in anticipation of that one! It is the most literal example of an answer to a question that nobody has asked.
I would think that a plug in F150 or Explorer would be a more rational effort. Especially the F150. Given that God only knows what overall investment was put into manufacturing that one's body in aluminum ,including the cargo box! That is a capital investment in lightweighting that is more inline with electrification (IE; less weight= more potential range)
If Ford were serious or sane the next Gen F150 Lightning would be the world's first, high performance plug in electric pick-up. There you go Ford,The Holy Trinity! A high profit sub brand of a top selling nameplate, built in limited numbers and distributed to the dealership network that is most capable of being competently trained and equipped to service it.
Ya Ford already has a prototype electric F150. Its been on financial news networks a few weeks back there are also plenty of online news about it as well.
A F150 lightening is probably already on their radar As they showed the Electric f150 being able to tow 1 million pounds. Lol

I don't think it is on their radar. The F-150 EV would have been the best bet from both a retail perspective and been a good leap over GM in terms of the Fleet vehicle market where the very low maintenance outlays and it's suitability for stop and go type use would be a good incentive for business use.
Ford is burning cash like a cocaine juiced stripper. The Mach E is not going to have much wiggle room for problems! That sob will have to be almost perfect right out of the gate!
Software glitches, hardware failures, build quality effups and supplier issues are going to be catastrophic to the brand as well as Ford's technological reputation if Mach E's end up sitting in service repair lots waiting for the miracle fix or software patch to be developed.
I think that if the worst case happens, the stock price will be so cheap that we could probably get hand raisers here to crowd source a leveraged buyout of the whole stinking mess! Not that there would be any value in the transaction.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I don't think it is on their radar. The F-150 EV would have been the best bet from both a retail perspective and been a good leap over GM in terms of the Fleet vehicle market where the very low maintenance outlays and it's suitability for stop and go type use would be a good incentive for business use.
Ford is burning cash like a cocaine juiced stripper. The Mach E is not going to have much wiggle room for problems! That sob will have to be almost perfect right out of the gate!
Software glitches, hardware failures, build quality effups and supplier issues are going to be catastrophic to the brand as well as Ford's technological reputation if Mach E's end up sitting in service repair lots waiting for the miracle fix or software patch to be developed.
I think that if the worst case happens, the stock price will be so cheap that we could probably get hand raisers here to crowd source a leveraged buyout of the whole stinking mess! Not that there would be any value in the transaction.
Well whether you think its on Fords radar or not it is as it would not be all over Financial news networks if it had not been. Ford is indeed trying to go full Electric or Hybrid but moreso Electric and the truck is coming .
I will say you do tend to look at things from a negative standpoint in your posts. I say you cannot tell. We will have to see as I try not to judge a company on some gaffs . In manufacturing there is no such thing as 100% perfect. Its how you handle the mistakes and yes Ford has not handled some of them well but see GM has been in this boat before so has Chrysler, Nissan, Toyota, Mitsubushi the list goes on. There are few automakers out there that have not made or sold problems repeatedly . So you cannot say that Ford is gonna have big problems. The problems of late were A the DCT transmission which we all have spoken at length about , Paint quality which is not just Ford its the whole industry due to enviro regs requiring water based paint which if not properly applied does not adhere well and is not known for its longevity. There is a reason jet liners are paint in polyurethane enamels that you can throw rocks at. Lol
Which are no longer allowed for use in car paints.
Then there is the sync stuff courtesy of Microcrap cough cough err Microsoft lol.
Fords stock price is already cheap and will not go much lower because its already starting to look like a bargain and there dealer sales are not bad. So its not all doom and gloom Nissan is in much worse condition right now. Lol

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #19
They need to dump hackett. Asap. Get an actual car person in there. Not some ceo looking to cash in.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Seems we love to repeat our mistakes. Perhaps we'll have another bailout 2.0, like we have another Nixon 2.0... maybe another Iraq 2.0 and market meltdown before we're done with that one.

Well whether you think its on Fords radar or not it is as it would not be all over Financial news networks if it had not been. Ford is indeed trying to go full Electric or Hybrid but moreso Electric and the truck is coming .
I will say you do tend to look at things from a negative standpoint in your posts. I say you cannot tell. We will have to see as I try not to judge a company on some gaffs . In manufacturing there is no such thing as 100% perfect. Its how you handle the mistakes and yes Ford has not handled some of them well but see GM has been in this boat before so has Chrysler, Nissan, Toyota, Mitsubushi the list goes on. There are few automakers out there that have not made or sold problems repeatedly . So you cannot say that Ford is gonna have big problems. The problems of late were A the DCT transmission which we all have spoken at length about , Paint quality which is not just Ford its the whole industry due to enviro regs requiring water based paint which if not properly applied does not adhere well and is not known for its longevity. There is a reason jet liners are paint in polyurethane enamels that you can throw rocks at. Lol
Which are no longer allowed for use in car paints.
Then there is the sync stuff courtesy of Microcrap cough cough err Microsoft lol.
Fords stock price is already cheap and will not go much lower because its already starting to look like a bargain and there dealer sales are not bad. So its not all doom and gloom Nissan is in much worse condition right now. Lol
Their Linux based Sync hasn't exactly been smooth sailing either. Though we've not been completely abandoned at this point, I'm not risking any further updates due high probability of partial failure. Their decision to adopt Linux was actually an industry wide trend at the time, aimed at the bottom line of "cheaper" open source options. Even Microsoft has begun backing a lot of open source projects. People love to dump on Microsoft but when you look around the operating system and software industry in general, the problems aren't exactly unique. Even hardware (let alone software) manufacturers are facing serious security vulnerabilities and bugs. CrApple keeps a lot of their flaws out of the limelight, claiming ignorance as a substitute for security, but just patched a series of very serious vulnerabilities this past month in OS-X... the type of which were discovered and patched many years ago in the far more heavily used Windows. BTW, don't forget to turn on your OS-X firewall. You may be surprised to find that it defaults to off. Fortunately NAT routing has the side-effect of protecting most (and especially them) from general internet port scans.

Ford Community Posts