Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

This Stunt Woman’s Secret: Her Ford Fiesta ST is a Beast!

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Maybe it was a woke draw, but you had to expect from the title of the article what you were getting into. For that publication it was about as un-offensive as you are going to get. I mean.... they didn't even mention the fact that she is multiracial. Looks like the published paper article isn't as clickbaity. It seems as though she mentioned the female driver/codriver fact herself. Its a worthwhile fact IMO.
Are you suggesting that mentioning her race or sex at all is what is making this "woke"?

Are you suggesting that mentioning her race or sex at all is what is making this "woke"?
I honestly didn't get any woke vibes from the article. Emerson was complaining about the article and I was trying to look at it from his and others peoples discussion of the article.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I don't care one way or another about the Wall Street Journal or how you think about people or entities being woke but objectively gtx is correct and there is nothing woke in this article.
Yes, exactly (and I'm well over 60, and 'old school' on a lot of topics).

I wish that Verena and her crew were still competing in ARA rallies, as I'd love to meet them and share our enthusiasm for these cars. [wink] [thumb]

But yeah, to even consider the WSJ of all things, a 'woke, leftist rag', well, let's just say that I would get into much trouble addressing/responding to that sentiment fully. LOL

Last edited:

Dpro

6000 Post Club
There is absolutely nothing woke about this article and the people getting triggered possibly need to look in the mirror and ask themselves why does this bother me so much. Ya hate me for saying that but the truth sucks sometimes.:ROFLMAO:

P.S. I am not calling anyone out I am just making an observation if that triggers you it’s on you.

There is absolutely nothing woke about this article and the people getting triggered possibly need to look in the mirror and ask themselves why does this bother me so much. Ya hate me for saying that but the truth sucks sometimes.:ROFLMAO:

P.S. I am not calling anyone out I am just making an observation if that triggers you it’s on you.
People really do confuse respect with being woke.

There was absolutely nothing woke about the article and you are spot on. If this bothers someone, they need to evaluate why they get bent about it. Especially so much that they have to post about it as the defining component of the article.

"I have driven many new cars from many manufacturers, cars worth over $100,000. But no car makes me feel the way this one does. To me it feels alive, and it makes me come alive at the wheel. "
- Verena Mei

This is an insane endorsement for car no longer being produced. But for the community such a reinforcement of the car.

I got this car after I lost, crashed a Lexus RC 350. The Lexus in an impressive luxurious car, a grand touring car that was inspiring to drive from a design aspect. So much thought went into the experience.

The Fiesta ST was built to be fun, meant to be modified. The car inspires me to drive.

The Lexus RC 350 is inspiring to drive, The Fiesta ST inspires me to drive.

Usnaderevy

I find the use of formal titles like Ms., Mr., Mrs., Dr., Sgt., and Lt. in writing a refreshing nod to respect and professionalism. The deliberate choice to address individuals with their proper titles, as exemplified in the article, reflects a commitment to formality and courtesy. In an era where informality often prevails, this writer's consistent use of titles, regardless of gender, is a commendable adherence to traditional journalistic standards. It not only maintains a sense of decorum but also ensures clarity in communication. The link you provided (https://essaypro.com/buy-term-paper) might offer additional insights into the importance of precise and formal language in various writing contexts.

Last edited:
I think people with Masters Degrees should start asking to be called Master (name). Like, "I prefer to be called Master Frisk instead of Mr. or Judge."

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Mr @Old Mike Emerson, Rhythmic Gymnastics is calling you to come participate... 🤣

1702181792922.png

Without some serious doping, I'm sure we'd both fail miserably LoL... though at 150lbs and with enough training I'd like to think I'd have some chance of making the podium without cheating... what are the chances that all other contestants would bow out with injuries before I would? Wonder if Nancy Kerrigan's boyfriend is available for hire...

BTW I know "woke" is often used as pejorative in certain circles, but it really shouldn't be. Takes all types to make the world go 'round. Having commonalities (like this car) bring us together, but it's our differences that move us forward and keep things interesting.

In order to hopefully keep this thread on topic I would also like to add that one of my favorite parts of this article is this section of the first picture:

View attachment 44213

I'd like to think that is a battle scar from some hard driving. I suppose it could've been from someone hitting it in a parking lot but that is not as fun to imagine though.
Goes right along with the kneecapped jeans don't it? Both car and driver have a pristine exterior save for one hinting detail...

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Mr @Old Mike Emerson, Rhythmic Gymnastics is calling you to come participate... 🤣

View attachment 59362

Without some serious doping, I'm sure we'd both fail miserably LoL... though at 150lbs and with enough training I'd like to think I'd have some chance of making the podium without cheating... what are the chances that all other contestants would bow out with injuries before I would? Wonder if Nancy Kerrigan's boyfriend is available for hire...

BTW I know "woke" is often used as pejorative in certain circles, but it really shouldn't be. Takes all types to make the world go 'round. Having commonalities (like this car) bring us together, but it's our differences that move us forward and keep things interesting.

Goes right along with the kneecapped jeans don't it? Both car and driver have a pristine exterior save for one hinting detail...
I believe he passed away.

SteveS

1000 Post Club
I think people with Masters Degrees should start asking to be called Master (name). Like, "I prefer to be called Master Frisk instead of Mr. or Judge."
Except that the title "Master" is already used for boys and teenagers, particularly in a school context.

Except that the title "Master" is already used for boys and teenagers, particularly in a school context.
And the title Doctor is used for people that practice medicine as well as people with PhDs. None of it matters, there are no rules, make new ones up.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Off Topic Discussions 0