Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Thoughts on STance?

It might as well be a statue because it would never be driven where I live....one pothole fughettabowtit

TheStig

this I do not have a problem with, its this camber thing that has come with a lot of cars that have "stance". All these HardParking kids who would rather go into an alley for a photoshoot and hold up traffic at every bump and curb than go to the track. This Fiesta looks decent, its when they go stupid camber and stretched tires that it looks back, example below...

STooge

Terrible. There is no function at that point. It will handle like crap and ride even worse. Not to mention in my very honest opinion it looks like garbage.

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Not my thing... I think it looks retarded. To each his own I guess. lol[8]

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Whoever started this trend needs to be shot! It looks rediculous with the massive negative camber. I like low cars and hate wheel gap but damn that going overboard. Just my opinion.

C. love

Whoever started this trend needs to be shot! It looks rediculous with the massive negative camber. I like low cars and hate wheel gap but damn that going overboard. Just my opinion.
it originated in japan and is known as oni-kian (spelling) aka demon camber. They do it just cause they can. Some cases are rediculous some I like. Depends on the car and how extreme they go.

As for above i like the wheels hate the color. the fitment on the front doesnt match the rear which i would
fix. I also will place a guess this car is bagged NOT static so he/she can probably raise the car.

Eventually my car will eitger have air and very aggressive (camber, stretch tire) wheel fitment. or coilovers and aggressive (wide wheel wide tire) fitment just not sure yet.

TheStig

Can japan just make a trend of street legal road race cars, that way it trickles down over here and we see Sumo Power R35 GTR's and wide body S2000's everywhere.

That's the world I want to live in...

C. love

^ they have that too. its just expensive so people go with the cheaper things. Be glad huge bosu pipes and rev kimiter competitions havent caught on lol. I will say im a fan of most anything. Although my love is drift cars followed by GT/Roadrace cars i love the looks and performance .

Pass! It looks like its trying too hard to be.... something. Looks silly actually.

C. love

i did a search for onikyan AKA demon camber--which came before the stance type stuff and its waaay more extreme

it gets much worse than stance stuff lol.

i personally like this car (i think this is the one originally posted??)

and this

its super low on coilovers and on good wheels. Maybe not functional for race purposes but i think it looks good , minus the odd stuff on the side

more of above car

http://tupanx.wordpress.com/2014/01/17/jdm-ford-fiesta-modification/

If these cars were AWD ?i would be all over the rally look as it looks so right on these cars. example

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
There's a difference between low and stanced in my opinion. Low might tuck a bit of tire. Stanced tucks a good bit of tire annnnd has crazy camber.

The latter I'm not a fan of.

Harvick

1000 Post Club
There's a difference between low and stanced in my opinion. Low might tuck a bit of tire. Stanced tucks a good bit of tire annnnd has crazy camber.

I completely agree. Most stanced vehicles that I've seen involves camber adjustments in order to get the wheels to tucked underneath the fender.

Perry

+1 and then some.