Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Throttle pedal spacer

I was sent 2 throttle pedal spacers from MS_3D in Melbourne, Australia.

I have had these for a little while but terrible weather and a noisy neighbourhood has prevented a video until now.

The 12mm spacer is a direct fit and reuses the standard nuts that hold the pedal on. Install time 5 minutes including filming.

The 36mm spacers comes with 4 nuts, 2 spacers and replacement bolts with spring washers. Install time was 20 minutes including filming.

View: https://youtu.be/bm1ifDgMEfY

Hi mate, I would like to purchase a 36mm Spacer with hardware for an MY22 Fiesta ST. I am unable to find MS_3D in Melbourne. Do you have a link you can send me to purchase? Many thanks.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Works really well. Keeps the go fast pedal level with the anchor pedal!
I have a pedal spacer but even with my Razzter spacer and pedal cover it’s not 36mm that’s massive no matter how you look at it.:ROFLMAO: Oh and my pedal is about even with the brake pedal now. One would suspect that 36mm one would space the gas pedal above the brake which in my opinion would be an outright dangerous on gas situation and you have longer legs than I do.:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hmmm - having the throttle and brake pedal at the same height seems odd. How do you heal-toe if the depressed brake pedal is lower than the throttle?

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Hmmm - having the throttle and brake pedal at the same height seems odd. How do you heal-toe if the depressed brake pedal is lower than the throttle?
exactly my point about the 36mm pedal spacer. my throttle pedal sits just a bit below actually and the big thing is the pedal cover widened the pedal which was one of the big problems with the stock pedal not only being way to low but also being thin which spaced it farther from the brake pedal .

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
exactly my point about the 36mm pedal spacer. my throttle pedal sits just a bit below actually and the big thing is the pedal cover widened the pedal which was one of the big problems with the stock pedal not only being way to low but also being thin which spaced it farther from the brake pedal .
I like it, too.
1640834090174.png

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I’ve never thought heel toe was hard in this car with totally stock pedals. Y’all got me self conscious about my evidently fat feet now.
I do the half foot on the brake and ankle rotate or the ball on the brake and heel blip. I couldn’t make either work with my 9.5s until I moved the throttle over a bit and added pedal covers. My kid does a 45 degree arch on the brake and a toe blip with a stock setup.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
nice- what pedal cover is that?
Thats the Razzter it’s made by Forum member SirThomas88
We both have it. I also run his pedal spacer which is about as thick as the pedal combined they add 20mm in height of the pedal which is why I commented on the 36mm being massive.

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Dave, I hate to say this, everybody has longer legs than you! By the way, anyone interested in Air Shows. This weekend in Huntington Beach, Fri, Sat and Sun. Awesome show. Check it out.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
I’ve never thought heel toe was hard in this car with totally stock pedals. Y’all got me self conscious about my evidently fat feet now.
First off, I rarely heel-and-toe in this car, anyway. I don't race it.
What I notice is that the brakes are touchy. There's a lot of initial bite in the stock setup. I often just braked hard enough that the heel-toe was awkward for me. I got too much brake to do it smoothly.
The Razzter setup makes it easier for me, but it's not perfect.

Ford Performance did a bang-up job making the FiST a really fun car to drive. I like it better than the FoST, which is also a great car, but rearranging the Fiesta pedals was just not in the budget.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Dave, I hate to say this, everybody has longer legs than you! By the way, anyone interested in Air Shows. This weekend in Huntington Beach, Fri, Sat and Sun. Awesome show. Check it out.
Ya no I am not that short , nor are my legs that short , I am actually well proportioned , you just have extra long legs.:ROFLMAO: Which honestly makes one wonder why you even need a pedal spacer:ROFLMAO: Oh ya I forgot you like to sit with your seat 5 miles back. :ROFLMAO:

P.S. If you have to say you hate to say something it pretty much means you probably should not say it in the first place.:ROFLMAO: Oh and yes I am seriously messing with you because you threw down the gauntlet:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Ya no I am not that short , nor are my legs that short , I am actually well proportioned , you just have extra long legs.:ROFLMAO: Which honestly makes one wonder why you even need a pedal spacer:ROFLMAO: Oh ya I forgot you like to sit with your seat 5 miles back. :ROFLMAO:

P.S. If you have to say you hate to say something it pretty much means you probably should not say it in the first place.:ROFLMAO: Oh and yes I am seriously messing with you because you threw down the gauntlet:ROFLMAO:
I know Dave. We have to inject humour into our otherwise dull lives when we're not out driving our favourite cars! By the way, the Air Show yesterday was incredible. My top favourites were the Thunderbirds and the F-35. Also was an acrobatic display with a biplane fitted with a jet engine playing with a YAK! Incredible stuff!

Dialcaliper

I started looking into
I do the half foot on the brake and ankle rotate or the ball on the brake and heel blip. I couldn’t make either work with my 9.5s until I moved the throttle over a bit and added pedal covers. My kid does a 45 degree arch on the brake and a toe blip with a stock setup.
I’m in the same boat - my feet aren’t huge (size 10) but for whatever reason, I can’t span the pedals to use the side of my foot and in order to use my heel to blip the gas, I have to rotate far enough that my heel hits the carpet on the side of the gas pedal.

I started looking into options to make the pedal closer, and realized that the reason the garage line spacer is so tall (30mm) is that any shorter and the original throttle pedal stud will interfere with the pedal assembly. It looks like the only way to go shorter and still shift the pedal is to shift ~1” closer, which puts the stud dead center on the pedal arm where there’s a gap, but it will require drilling a hole in the pedal assembly to clear the stud

Last edited:

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
I have a 7.5-8 size shoe and really struggle to heel toe in this car. I have to really twist my foot to do it and I end up pushing on the brake harder than I meant to.

OP
Fordy Ford
Thread Starter #20
Hi mate, I would like to purchase a 36mm Spacer with hardware for an MY22 Fiesta ST. I am unable to find MS_3D in Melbourne. Do you have a link you can send me to purchase? Many thanks.
Wow this thread took off after a year. Good stuff.

They didn't start a website so can't link you.

I am still using the big spacer after all this time. I like how the pedal is still in line with the brake, for the rare occassion I heel toe the pedal is in a good spot.